What's new

Jeff Van Gundy

Archie Moses

I know a lot of people want him to replace Sloan when he's done, if that ever happens. I like Van Gundy, don't get me wrong, but the dude says some of the stupidest **** I've ever heard. Can you imagine a league where all his ideas and rules where implemented? (Sadly, it would be more entertaining than a Stern run league) John Madden and Ron Boone think he needs to take the tardism down a level. Van Gundy for the win.

Do you find his comments humorous or stupid?

Many of JVG's comments are tongue in cheek and need to be understood with a sharp mind...hence the issues you have with him.

That said, I've always liked JVG and would welcome him to the Jazz with open arms.

...both Van Gundy boys are good coaches. Problem is....your basic NBA player is uncoachable! Jeff says things on ESPN not because he really believes them, but he has to promote the league as it is, not as he wishes it would be! If you have beers with the Van Gundy boys off the record, you'd think you were talking with me, carolinajazz, who as you know, dispises hopper ball. I'm sure the Gundy boys don't like it either! Jeff VanGundy quit the Knicks in midstream because he was completely fed up with the present day player and saw the handwriting on the wall! I'm sure they both admire Sloan and his no nonsense approach....and would probably jump at an opportunity to coach a decent Jazz team. Of course, Stan ain't leavin the Magic anytime soon....not with Howard in his prime!

...both Van Gundy boys are good coaches. Problem is....your basic NBA player is uncoachable! Jeff says things on ESPN not because he really believes them, but he has to promote the league as it is, not as he wishes it would be! If you have beers with the Van Gundy boys off the record, you'd think you were talking with me, carolinajazz, who as you know, dispises hopper ball. I'm sure the Gundy boys don't like it either! Jeff VanGundy quit the Knicks in midstream because he was completely fed up with the present day player and saw the handwriting on the wall! I'm sure they both admire Sloan and his no nonsense approach....and would probably jump at an opportunity to coach a decent Jazz team. Of course, Stan ain't leavin the Magic anytime soon....not with Howard in his prime!

This seems familiar somehow.

Is the "..." intro to every post meant to indicate "a flowing stream of consciousness" through all your posts? "Well played" or "retarded".......you make the call, Jazzfanz........you make the call.

Even if Van Gundy is joking half they time, you're in denial if you don't think it's stupid. The guy reminds me of my dad. The only person that thinks he's funny is himself and maybe honz.

Even if Van Gundy is joking half they time, you're in denial if you don't think it's stupid. The guy reminds me of my dad. The only person that thinks he's funny is himself and maybe honz.

I know something I am NOT in denial about. How much of a moran you are.

I love van gundy the commentary
I like van gundy the coach
but there are only two guys I want to replace Sloan.. Corbin or Carlisle

Jeff Van Gundy would be great. The new Frank Layden.
His interviews would be hilarious.