What's new

Jefferson and his media boycott

Golfman

What's up with Jefferson and his lame "no comments" to the media? Tribjazz tweeted after the game"

"Jazz PR person caught up with Jefferson, asked him to talk. Jefferson paused for a second, turned, walked away."
"Jazz's Jefferson has given three no comments and been ejected during last four games."

What's he pissed at, Corbin? Losing? Jazz? Sweating so much?

Drives me nuts when these guys get paid millions and refuse to talk to the media. It just looks bad.

He's probably going to die soon. Cancer of the balls.

I wouldn't want to talk to the media too after losing to a team that had previously won only 1 road game all year long.

I am with him. What's the point of talking to the media when your organization obviously gave up on this season? He was excited to play here and now the whole thing fell apart. I hope he will be re-energized this off season and is willing to help with rebuilding this roster.

Drives me nuts when these guys get paid millions and refuse to talk to the media. It just looks bad.
Remember when he arrived in the off-season and was excited about the chance to play for a winning team and make the playoffs? The dude is upset because he's busted his chops to make that happen and it hasn't. I'd rather have a guy care about winning so much
that he's too p-ed off to talk to the media than sit there with a big grin and say "Yeah, we lost, but that's okay, I got paid, regardless!" *That* looks bad.

Remember when he arrived in the off-season and was excited about the chance to play for a winning team and make the playoffs? The dude is upset because he's busted his chops to make that happen and it hasn't. I'd rather have a guy care about winning so much
that he's too p-ed off to talk to the media than sit there with a big grin and say "Yeah, we lost, but that's okay, I got paid, regardless!" *That* looks bad.
Agreed. Under the circumstances, I'm happy that AJ is pissed. One of the things I disliked most about Careless Loozer was his businesslike, passionless attitude no matter what was going on.

This is a Ross Siler's tweet, which I agree 100%:

@rosssiler I'm impressed Big Al cares enough to show such frustration after being in losing situations his entire career.

I get that he's mad about losing, and I love his passion. I don't think anybody expects him to sit there and grin, but at least talk to the media about the game. Christ Sheridan just recently wrote an article ripping Melo for running away after a loss and dodging the media. Granted, the circumstances are different with Al than Melo, but there are some similarities between the two stories.

poor ******* thought he'd be in the post season.. cant blame him for the frustration of not having already booking his holiday.

Coach just rotted him and left him nailed to the bench doing viscious pine. He was probably afraid Ty was going to invite him out for a beer.

I think AJ is just frustrated and doesn't want to say anything that the fans and/or media might crucify him for. I think he sees how DW was treated for being honest and open to the media. I also think AJ is frustrated with the losing, not playing in the fourth, not making the playoffs and the fact that DW is no longer here. He came to Utah with such high hopes and now he is back on a rebuilding team.

I think AJ is just frustrated and doesn't want to say anything that the fans and/or media might crucify him for. I think he sees how DW was treated for being honest and open to the media. I also think AJ is frustrated with the losing, not playing in the fourth, not making the playoffs and the fact that DW is no longer here. He came to Utah with such high hopes and now he is back on a rebuilding team.

Well, as I see it, Al has a couple of ways he can go with this:

Option 1) He pisses and moans about being in a ****** situation for the rest of the season, BUT he rededicates himself to getting better and stronger in the off-season. Maybe works with Malone secretly (or publicly) during the strike/lockout and comes back rejuvenated and ready to become an elite WINNER in this league and not just a player that puts up the stats but can't get over the hump. OR.....

Option 2) He pisses and moans the rest of this year and does nothing to improve himself in the off-season. He keeps silent with the media or just says what the Jazz want him to say and he carries on like nothing matters to him. He sticks with the team only because he has to and starts looking at how much greener the grass is on the other side. He then starts realizing after next year or the year after, it's not happening and he's running out of time. He demands a trade behind closed doors, runs out Ty on his way out, and goes to the new Seattle Sonics (aka. Kings) with a couple other "stars"/"big names" and tries to compete for 2 or 3 deep runs into the WC finals.

I think it's up to him what he does. But I would prefer he get it all out this year and come back an improved player and gain more of a leadership/killer attitude on the court for the Jazz. Try and become a player that won't wait for a teammate to win the game for him, but learn to take it over and win it himself!!