What's new

Jefferson makes "Top Underachievers" list at ESPN

Jefferson isn't BAD. He's never been in an offense that's structured like this. He's not an unstoppable post player (how many guys in the league are?) but the things he brings on the defensive end in comparison to Boozer make that trade-off about a wash.

The problems lately haven't been pinned on Jefferson as much as anybody else on the team. They're just not running the offense and not defending. Hard to place so much blame on one guy when the whole team has been half-assing it the past month or so.

What the hell are you talking about? I was replying to somebody who said Millsap is a better player than Jefferson (not talking salaries here). That is horse****.

I for one, am more making the argument that at best they're the same; that Jefferson's not better (even if he's not worse necessarily). We'll go from there. Your argument is that Jefferson is better and you haven't used a shred of evidence to support that claim. It's weird to me.

I think Al could be better than Millsap......as a power forward. As a center he is grotesque.

people don't realize this but al actually has been outscoring, higher efg%, higher PER, is blocking at the same as and commits less turnovers and fouls than his opponent at center. the only thing that he is getting "grotesquely" beat at is rebounding, which he gets beat at the same rate for both positions. so, by the numbers this season, he has performed both better individually and compared to his opponent as a center.

https://www.82games.com/1011/10UTA11.HTM

See, this is what Im thinking it means...I think its one more dig by the media regarding Sloans lineup decisions...AJ is not a center. Would P.Jackson use him as a center...absolutely not.

statistical comparisons between jeff and sap (respectively)

ppg 16.7 to 16.9 winner = tie
rpg 9.1 to 7.8 winner = jeff
apg 1.6 to 2.2 winner = sap
spg 0.6 to 1.4 winner = sap
bpg 1.9 to 0.9 winner = jeff
fg% .475 to .528 winner = sap
ft% .774 to .748 winner = jeff

which officially makes them a wash.... this isnt the main problem. (reliable shooting guards, reliable defensive pressure, pick and roll d)
i wasnt expecting more than 17 9 and 2 from big dumb al in our system the first year and neither should you have.

See, this is what Im thinking it means...I think its one more dig by the media regarding Sloans lineup decisions...AJ is not a center. Would P.Jackson use him as a center...absolutely not.

who would with pau and bynum sitting there on the bench?