What's new

Jennings to Detroit

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/...-sign-trade-milwaukee-bucks-according-sources

I'm liking that the market for PG's is getting cheap. I really though Jennings was going to get 10-12 million per year. Not a huge Jennings fan, but at 24 for 3 years he is a steal. They had to give up Brandon Knight, but nothing about him looked that great anyway. He was a solid shooter, but just wasn't the playmaker on the wing that Detroit needs. Jennings really needs to mature his shot selection, but if he can, Detroit has a pretty exciting/intriguing team.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/...-sign-trade-milwaukee-bucks-according-sources

I'm liking that the market for PG's is getting cheap. I really though Jennings was going to get 10-12 million per year. Not a huge Jennings fan, but at 24 for 3 years he is a steal. They had to give up Brandon Knight, but nothing about him looked that great anyway. He was a solid shooter, but just wasn't the playmaker on the wing that Detroit needs. Jennings really needs to mature his shot selection, but if he can, Detroit has a pretty exciting/intriguing team.

You've always been a Jennings homer that's why you see it this year. Nobody else in the league thinks he's worth anywhere near $8million. Have you checked your twitter feed recently?

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 23m
Jennings went from $4.5 million from Bucks to $8 million with DET. Yaakov Smirnoff said it best: America, what a country!

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 22m
I'm shocked, frankly, that DET would give up Knight for Jennings AND agree to pay BJ $8 million. Those 2 things together don't compute

Tom Ziller ‏@teamziller 38m
I have always loved you, Pistons.

Bucks weren't gonna fork out the money. The market for a questionable starting PG dried up considerably. If DET wasn't under pressure to make the playoffs this year Jennings was looking at taking the $4m and hit free agency next year.

Damn. Didnt he turn fown a boat load of cash?

It seems the new CBA is working. I like.