What's new

Jimmer Trade

homeytennis

The Deseret News is reporting there is a potential trade between Cleveland and the Kings to send Jimmer and Chuck Hayes to the Cavs for cap relief so the Kings can sign Monta Ellis. Breathe easy Jazz fans.

I was actually worried about that, since the Jazz hasn't offered Tinsley a contract yet. I hope this goes through.

I'd give up one of the 3 Warriors second rounders for Jimmer. Utah needs a 3rd PG and another 3-point shooter. He fits both.

I know that there's a lot of strong opinions towards Jimmer around Utah, but I'd be fine with it if the Jazz went and got him to back up Burke. It seems to me that you need guys who can shoot from behind the arc and that is a strength of his. Also, Business is Business, and even as a backup he would sell jerseys and tickets. If they're using 2nd round picks and cap space to make a deal. . . then I'm all for bringing him in. At some point, you need a bench to be successful. I think he'd be a solid bench player.

FANTASTIC!
Kings franchise is really looking good, They now have Vasquez and Landry and drafted McLemore. Kings should contend for a playoff spot.

I'd give up one of the 3 Warriors second rounders for Jimmer. Utah needs a 3rd PG and another 3-point shooter. He fits both.

He fits both, Except for the PG thing... Cuz, he can't ballhandle, distribute, run a play, pass, or defend.

I wouldn't offer them a used barf bag for Jimmer. He is a bad fit here and a distraction this young team needs to stay away from like the plague.

I believe Jimmer would be a good pickup for the Jazz this season (assuming the asking price isn't exorbitant). Consider:

1. He would be BACKING UP a good passer in Trey Burke. Jimmer wouldn't necessarily need to distribute all that much to be effective in a role where he came off the bench.

2. His lack of defensive skills could be compensated for by the defensive bigs that currently comprise our lineup. Meanwhile, the Jazz staff could work with him on this glaring weakness until he was at least a decent defender.

3. Hayward or Burks could split time with Jimmer as a ball handler when he was in the game, which would free him up to get open on the perimeter. We have needed a consistent deep threat for years and, as we all know, this is where Jimmer shines.

4. This strength would spread the floor for Kanter and Favors, allowing them to dominate the paint.

5. From a marketing standpoint, we all know that he would help sell tickets during a rebuilding year.

6. He does possess leadership and would be great in the locker room.

7. He has the work ethic, which -- if given direction and proper coaching -- would lead to progress in all of the areas in which he is deficient.

I think Jimmer is a project that is worth the time and effort by the Jazz organization.

I believe Jimmer would be a good pickup for the Jazz this season (assuming the asking price isn't exorbitant). Consider:

1. He would be BACKING UP a good passer in Trey Burke. Jimmer wouldn't necessarily need to distribute all that much to be effective in a role where he came off the bench.

2. His lack of defensive skills could be compensated for by the defensive bigs that currently comprise our lineup. Meanwhile, the Jazz staff could work with him on this glaring weakness until he was at least a decent defender.

3. Hayward or Burks could split time with Jimmer as a ball handler when he was in the game, which would free him up to get open on the perimeter. We have needed a consistent deep threat for years and, as we all know, this is where Jimmer shines.

4. This strength would spread the floor for Kanter and Favors, allowing them to dominate the paint.

5. From a marketing standpoint, we all know that he would help sell tickets during a rebuilding year.

7. He has the work ethic, which -- if given direction and proper coaching -- would lead to progress in all of the areas in which he is deficient.

I think Jimmer is a project that is worth the time and effort by the Jazz organization.
All of this may be true. But the potential distraction makes it not worth the risk. Not in any way shape or form should he be considered for this team at this time. I don't actually hate Jimmer the player. But it would not be a good thing for him or the franchise for him to come here.
I do think his time in the NBA will be limited as I don't see any NBA talent outside of shooting and believe his other deficiencies make that talent hard to use.

All of this may be true. But the potential distraction makes it not worth the risk. Not in any way shape or form should he be considered for this team at this time. I don't actually hate Jimmer the player. But it would not be a good thing for him or the franchise for him to come here.
I do think his time in the NBA will be limited as I don't see any NBA talent outside of shooting and believe his other deficiencies make that talent hard to use.
Agree. And I say that as a fan of Jimmer the person. Just not a good fit. He'll bounce around with another couple of teams, then either become a motivational speaker or head to Europe.

....consider him traded and signed!