What's new

JJ Reddick wouu

Chargers Jazz Angels

It is rumored that Orlando is looking for a big man and reddick is the bait to lure some in. Some of the names that are being put out there are diop, Mohamed, pryzbilla, and foster. I think fes is in this group of players not to mention we have some young talent that we could throw into the mix to sweeten the deal. Hayward, Evans, tomic. Heck I would even throw in a draft pick.

The way reddick shoots the ball he reminds me a lot og hornacek. If I was koc I would be doing what we could to trade fes to Orlando for reddick. He would be huge coming in off the bench.

It is rumored that Orlando is looking for a big man and reddick is the bait to lure some in. Some of the names that are being put out there are diop, Mohamed, pryzbilla, and foster. I think fes is in this group of players not to mention we have some young talent that we could throw into the mix to sweeten the deal. Hayward, Evans, tomic. Heck I would even throw in a draft pick.

The way reddick shoots the ball he reminds me a lot og hornacek. If I was koc I would be doing what we could to trade fes to Orlando for reddick. He would be huge coming in off the bench.

Fess, Elson or Bell maybe. Hayward, evans or tomic, plus fess? Not so much.

...plus Redick works hard denying the ball on defense! I was watching him last night against the Spurs. He was busting his butt to keep the ball from Genobli. Did pretty well, too!

Trade a big body that has shown worth against clubs that throw giants against us for some Korver-clone? No. Reddick is less than a decent player. Dunno how and when that guy got so respected in this league.

Reddick has been shooting lights out the last dozen games or so. It's probably a "sell high" ploy by Orlando to see if they can get someone to overpay for him. So forget about Fes, Elson, etc.

As for Reddick if he's a Korver-clone and people thought Korver was overpaid then how are they going to feel about this guy at 7+ mil?

I wouldn't trade Elson. The guy is another Big Dog. He plays good d, rebounds, hits the open j, hits the open man, runs the floor -- at times, he's played better than Big Al. I doubt Fes alone would get us Redick, though. Maybe Fes and a first-rounder? Or Fes and Hayward. Doubt the Jazz want to give up on Hayward so soon, but I'm beginning to have my doubts about him. Not sure if he has the mental strength, but then he is young, so we probably need to give him time.

Reddick has been shooting lights out the last dozen games or so. It's probably a "sell high" ploy by Orlando to see if they can get someone to overpay for him. So forget about Fes, Elson, etc.

As for Reddick if he's a Korver-clone and people thought Korver was overpaid then how are they going to feel about this guy at 7+ mil?

Normally I agree with you, but I think the "Korver-clone" comment goes too far. This guy can dribble, drive, and play ball-denying defense a lot better than Korver. If someone closes on Reddick too quickly/aggressively, he has the ability to penetrate and dish. That, right there, should make the Jazz FO very interested in him.

But, yeah, I don't think we have the assets to pull this off. . . but maybe since they are in the habit of taking on toxic contracts they'll take Memo for him. I'd do it. (EDIT: just tried that trade in the TRADE MACHINE; doesn't work straight-up)

I can see a Reddick/Okur swap (with pieces), but it wouldn't come until closer to the deadline with Okur showing he's healthy. I'm not sure I would do it, but it fits the realistic trade model: shaves salary, Reddick's contract going forward is reasonable (and lowers to 6.5 and 6), doesn't make us significantly worse. Reddick replaces Price, gives us more scoring on the second unit, and Elson/Fess hold the fort down low. For the Magic, they probably put Okur in the starting lineup for maximum spacing, get Bass's benefits off the bench, and get back a version of the model that got them to the Finals.

I am pretty sure the Magic will be able to get better deals.

On the other hand Reddick would really thrive in our offense. And he contract is high but not crazy.

But Okur is literally the only player we have that we could possibly trade for Reddick.

I am pretty sure the Magic will be able to get better deals.

On the other hand Reddick would really thrive in our offense. And he contract is high but not crazy.

But Okur is literally the only player we have that we could possibly trade for Reddick.

I don't disagree, but the one advantage to dealing with the Magic is they are clearly less interested in value than need. If they felt they needed Okur more than Reddick, and they easily could, Otis Smith will deal.

KOC has stated over and over that he would not likely trade a big man for a small player. Anyway, Memo's contract may be more valuable as an expiring next season.

Now I like Reddick... he's moved but since his rookie year to get playing time. Worked very hard, and that's awesome.

But did you see his contract? 7/6.5/6 in the coming years. Are we sure he's THAT good? Remember, we're not even paying Miles that much.

Now I like Reddick... he's moved but since his rookie year to get playing time. Worked very hard, and that's awesome.

But did you see his contract? 7/6.5/6 in the coming years. Are we sure he's THAT good? Remember, we're not even paying Miles that much.

It makes sense financially. In a straight Okur swap, the Jazz decrease their overhead by almost 6 million including the tax. Next season, with tension about a new CBA, they drop almost 5 million off the payroll. And in year 3, a 6 million dollar Redick is relatively cheap and tradeable. As a basketball decision it's more questionable. The one advantage is it buys a player in the window of his prime allowing for a relaxed development curve with Honzward. I could see KOC thinking that Bell/Redick/CJ/Hayward signed to reasonable deals being the better alternative to uncertainty with AK and/or having to sign and FA to fill the spot.

Sorry about the spelling redick. There is only one player on the list that is mentioned that is putting up any kind of numbers and that is Mohamed. I Would take fes over diop and the injured foster or pryzbilla (who injured himself taking a shower). The addition of Hayward is what makes it more appealing to Orlando. The okur trade is interesting we would have to take another contract back

Okur is a starting caliber C with an all-star appearance. Even though coming off a serious injury, Jazz must get more than Redick for him, I would think.

Why does it seem like we focus on about 3-4 players (usually white guys too) for years and years and years? Jeff Foster, Chris Kaman, Rip Hamilton, and now JJ Redick have been our saviors for the better part of the past decade it seems. Never mind the players that actually improve our team. Lets just focus on the same guys who usually have really bad contracts too.

JJ isn't very good. Nor does he put us over the top. He's also a complete and utter defensive liability (we already have enough of those with Memo, CJ, AK, and Jefferson). Didn't we see enough of a one dimensional white defensive player in Korver? Do we really need to have another bad movie? Korver II?

Lets move on, I'm almost pleading for some of you. Stop with these worthless trade threads that trade our crap for other teams crap (Reddick, Hamilton, Darko, Gortat, Jeff Foster, Maggette, etc).