What's new

Joe Ingles contract becomes horrendous

TheGobertReport

He was only worth that much in order to lure Hayward back. Now that Hayward is gone, Ingles contract looks like the worst in the NBA and will handcuff the Jazz. Maybe he starts the season ON FIRE and the Jazz can trade him.

It's a bit much, I would agree. But I've learned never to underestimate the value of a good locker room presence and the quintessential glue guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

He was only worth that much in order to lure Hayward back. Now that Hayward is gone, Ingles contract looks like the worst in the NBA and will handcuff the Jazz. Maybe he starts the season ON FIRE and the Jazz can trade him.

$13 mil/per for one of the better 3point shooters in the league, a bull dog defender, and a major locker room leader is not a horrendous contract just because Hayward missed his college coach. Well that and I think G-Time is actually more about All-Star appearances than actual championships.

Glad to have Ingles back and can't wait to see him playing alongside Otto Porter Jr.

I figured 7-8M would be a steal for Ingles with 10M being fair. 13M isn't absolutely ridiculous for all he does.

I definitely wouldn't say horrendous, but given what the goal is of this team the next 4 years you could call it unnecessary.

Not it is not. It is an extremely tradeable piece in about 1 season.

Great locker room guy, 4th in the entire NBA in 3 point percentage at 44% last year, above average passer, solid rebounder, and perhaps our 2nd best defender next to Rudy last year.

Yeah, his contract is far from bad.

Had I been told I'd see this sentence written seriously (?) on Jazzfanz at the end of last season, I would've tried to flush my head down a toilet.

Try anyway.

Do yourself a favor, and look up comparable 3&D players who aren't on their rookie contracts. Let us know what you come up with.

If Ingles approached the Jazz to break the deal to go get more money, I'd let him go.

$13 mil/per for one of the better 3point shooters in the league, a bull dog defender, and a major locker room leader is not a horrendous contract just because Hayward missed his college coach. Well that and I think G-Time is actually more about All-Star appearances than actual championships.

Glad to have Ingles back and can't wait to see him playing alongside Otto Porter Jr.

Otto Porter Jr is not coming here.

LOL - Ingles and Hayward have the same agent.

So he got a bloated deal for Ingles for the purpose of retaining Hayward while (probably) knowing he was already gone.

Agent of the year right there.

And Gordo for bestie of the year.

DL has been a net positive - no denying that. But it looks like he got played big time.

That's the price of having a guy who wants to be here. And imho he deserves it not only for his play but also his tenacity. He's as close to Rudy in that respect as anyone else we have.

Nah, Ingles is a great player to have and a great trade chip for the future. The Jazz werent getting Otto Porter (nor should we want him for 27 million a year).

Ingles is going to body Hayward defensively when Utah plays Boston too.

I think Ingles still has room to improve. His contract is fair. And he has some nasty to his game. I'm looking forward to seeing Ingles guard Hayward when they next meet up.