What's new

Joe Ingles made Zach Lowe's "Luke Walton" all -stars...

MrMojoRisin

"a list of role players, journeymen, and castoffs thriving in unexpected circumstances."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18843801/zach-lowe-2017-luke-walton-all-stars-nba

Joe Ingles, Utah Jazz

In late October 2014, Ingles finished up the Clippers' last preseason game while his wife, Renae, was on a flight from Australia to meet him. The Clippers waived Ingles before she landed. "I was on the team when she took off," Ingles said, "and then when she got to the airport, I wasn't. It was pretty disappointing."
Quin Snyder had coached against Ingles in Europe and thought he was worth a flier. The Jazz picked him up, and Ingles made the 2014-15 Waltons. He was something of a novelty -- a wise-cracking, shot-phobic Aussie who would surely be gone once Utah got good.
Nope. Ingles is still here, spot-starting and logging heavy minutes -- even in a season that began with Snyder warning him: you're our fifth wing and break-in-case-of-emergency big man, and you might not play at all unless you defend your *** off. Ingles has been so good, the Jazz actually have to worry about his impending free agency.
Ingles just keeps the machine churning. He shoots now when he's open, and sometimes even when he's not, and has hit 44 percent from deep -- third best in the league. He is one the NBA's canniest extra passers. He pushes the ball after snaring a rebound, and he can move things along with a functional pick-and-roll. Playing decisively makes slow people seem fast.Ingles has started a lot of games on the wing in place of Rodney Hood, and Snyder has asked him to defend some smaller shooting guards. He has managed shockingly well considering his, umm, disadvantages. "I'm not the quickest guy," Ingles said. "But I have some tricks."
He thinks one step ahead, and he has smart hands; Ingles has plucked almost two steals per 36 minutes -- most on the team.

Glad he is getting some much deserved recognition.

I hope we can keep him also. Love how he never backs down and will get in people's faces. He and Gobert are about the only ones who will do this and sometimes it's called for. Especially with some of the bullies in the league.

My wife's favorite player.
Probably the most likeable guy on the team.
How can you not like him?

Ingles is a Keeper. Srs is anyone worried about him getting old? I can't imagine him being less effective when he is in his mid 30's. Please let him be a Jazzman for life.