What's new

Joe Ingles should start over Mike Conley

magic

Hell I'd be even willing to move Mitchell to the bench if that was possible to start Ingles.

We were the best team when Ingles was starting. Now we are crap.

Even the media, who ignores us, was able to figure out that what the Jazz need is more Ingles (our best starting 5 in terms of +/- included him).

The Jazz are massively better when Mitchell is the point guard. Conley is a million times better this year but it's still proven. Look at the Jazz record with and without him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I have asked for ingles to start instead of Bogie. If Bogie has a threat to score like Clarkson, does that open up his game more vs. Mitchell? I don't know, but playing against the bench should at the least.

But, I think the jazz like Ingles playmaking off the bench more than another scoring threat. It still makes me wonder.

Lol none of you guys watching Jazz games this year? Move arguably our second best player to the bench?
Think how good the bench unit could be with our second best player to run it!

Plus it might also make our starting unit better (we have slow starts almost every game with our current starting lineup) and definitely would make it bigger (we have been struggling with rebounding and handling the opposition starting size).

Better bench and better starting lineup? Ya, don't do that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Plus it might also make our starting unit better (we have slow starts almost every game with our current starting lineup) and definitely would make it bigger (we have been struggling with rebounding and handling the opposition starting size).

If you benched Mike Conley, who was an all star, in a contact year you are essentially saying audios in free agency and signaling to other vets we don’t give any cares for their success or accolades, even if Conley sucked( he absolutely doesn’t) it would be wise to start him then switch him out for his own respect. Horrible player relations move imo.

Why would we bench our second best player lmao? How about we bench Bogey for Ingles. Conley is not the cause of our slow starts.

The reasons to bench Mike last year were:

1- To get Rudy some better looks because they weren't playing well together.
2- To get Joe going because he struggled without a pick and roll partner.

Those two things are not issues anymore and Joe's minutes can be managed better as a bench player. Zero changes needed homies.

If you benched Mike Conley, who was an all star, in a contact year you are essentially saying audios in free agency and signaling to other vets we don’t give any cares for their success or accolades, even if Conley sucked( he absolutely doesn’t) it would be wise to start him then switch him out for his own respect. Horrible player relations move imo.
Good point

Ingles should start maybe start instead of Bogie (and CERTAINLY should close), but then the bench becomes chucker-ville. Then again, Conley and Gobert have been early subs and playing with the bench units, so maybe it wouldn't be as pronounced as my instincts lead me to believe.