What's new

Joe Paterno Died

Captain Lobster

Contributor
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012...d-ex-penn-state-football-coach_n_1221289.html
Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno has died. The college-football legend was 85 years old when he succumbed in his battle with lung cancer.

Paterno's diagnosis was revealedr in mid November, shortly after he was dismissed from his duties as coach of the Nittany Lions. Paterno's ouster came in the aftermath of the arrest of Jerry Sandusky, a longtime Paterno lieutenant facing more than 50 counts of sexual abuse against children. Amid evidence that Paterno had been notified of the abuse but had done little beyond his legal obligation to prevent it, the Penn State board of trustees voted to dismiss the longtime coach in November. The scandal reverberated beyond college football, and sullied a reputation that had once seemed unimpeachable — particularly in central Pennsylvania, where Paterno, or "JoePa," was revered.

During his 46 seasons coaching Penn State, Paterno racked up 409 wins -- the the record for a Division I football coach. He guided his teams to national championships in 1982 and 1986.

The Brooklyn native is survived by his wife, Sue, and their five children.

STORY DEVELOPING...

Joe Paterno dies.

Very sad. I'm assuming the last year of his life was not what he hoped. Though he should have done more. Even so RIP.

FavorsFlave doesn't understand why I don't give a flying pooh stain about this worthless human being. Can someone explain to him why? He must've been asleep during the whole "covering up the sexual assault of children" thing.

Thanks.

JoePa dies

012112-CFB-Penn-State-Joe-Paterno-PI_20120122004853529_660_320.JPG

"Joe Paterno, the iconic former Penn State football coach whose legend was tarnished when he was fired in the aftermath of the Jerry Sandusky scandal, has died, his family confirmed Sunday. He was 85.
Doctors had said Saturday that Paterno's condition had become ''serious'' in recent days after he experienced complications from lung cancer."

https://msn.foxsports.com/collegefo...es-Penn-State-legendary-football-coach-012112

I always thought he would either die while he was still coaching or very shortly after retiring and that football was really what kept him going.

Already posted, but as I said in the other thread: Who Cares?!

I tend to agree. Call me heartless, but people die everyday and some of them are IMO better individuals than JoePa was. Now we are going to have a week of JoePa memories that I could just really care less about. Condolences to his family but this is life. You're born, you grow old, and you die without being too specific.

RIP JoePa... We all make mistakes in our lives and I hope your family and friends are comforted during this hard time. You impacted many many people positively.

I tend to agree. Call me heartless, but people die everyday and some of them are IMO better individuals than JoePa was. Now we are going to have a week of JoePa memories that I could just really care less about. Condolences to his family but this is life. You're born, you grow old, and you die without being too specific.

And somewhere in-between all that you let kids get molested and raped.