What's new

John Stockton 16 assists vs. Indiana in 2000

Russell, hot damn.

I loved the assist (14th one I think) where he drove right underneath the hoop and hit Marshall inside for the jam. I like to do that on the playground, except most of my homies can't jam.

It still seems strange to me that we had John Starks on our team. It must have been pretty strange for Reggie Miller to be going up against him with the Jazz.

Thanks for posting the video. It was fun to watch!

I think the Jazz ran the same play on all those assists, Stockton goes Baseline then finds the open man. He was so good.

Jalen Rose got 36 in that game and Jermaine O'Neal and Al Harrington were up and comers. I feel old.

Jalen Rose got 36 in that game and Jermaine O'Neal and Al Harrington were up and comers. I feel old.

Tell me about it... (a) I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks, and (b) I realized a few days ago that I've been alive 50% of the years since the Great Depression.

It still seems strange to me that we had John Starks on our team. It must have been pretty strange for Reggie Miller to be going up against him with the Jazz.

Thanks for posting the video. It was fun to watch!

Starks wasn't very good for us, but I enjoyed having him here for a brief time. Always liked the way he played, and his personality.
Too bad he was done by the time we got him.

Starks wasn't very good for us, but I enjoyed having him here for a brief time. Always liked the way he played, and his personality.
Too bad he was done by the time we got him.

I think he was sub-40% the time he was with the Jazz. Didn't help the Jazz win many games.

This game was around the time the jazz had the best record in league. Starks helped alot during that season (00-01) but in 01-02 yes he was done. I think he was in street cloths during the playoffs that year also.

Yeah Starks was placed on the inactive list which forced him to miss the entire 2001-02 Playoffs since the active roster had to be finalized before the playoffs started. He was pretty much done by the time he arrived in Utah but he had some good moments to start the 2000-01 season. His trademark toughness and fiery competitiveness was still there. People talk about Raja Bell's toughness but Starks was every bit as tough an SOB if not more so, and like Raja would get a little crazy at times.

2000-01 was the last time it looked like Stockton&Malone might make a push for a championship. The Lakers' dynasty wasn't established yet and Utah acquired some key vets in Starks, Marshall and Danny Manning and were pushing for the best record in the west until they had a mini-collapse with about 2 weeks to go in the regular season. Alot of memorable games from that season though.

This game was around the time the jazz had the best record in league. Starks helped alot during that season (00-01) but in 01-02 yes he was done. I think he was in street cloths during the playoffs that year also.

Ah yes, the infamous twisted ******** injury line.

Do you play ball or just spend all your time making videos? Cool either way was just wondering

I play ball from time to time, just shooting around playing horse and stuff. I try not to spend too much time making these videos but it can be addicting.