What's new

John Stockton on sportscenter

Talked about his book "Assisted". And talked about how he wasn't like other nba stars.

Praised Isaiah Thomas as a little guy who made it possible for Stockton to break into the nba.

Talked about his time with the 92 dream team. He shared a story about his wife hanging clothes at 2am and then getting held up by some swat team or something thinking she was some villain out to get him. Lol

Talked about his relationship with Malone, and the pick'n roll.

Talked about his book "Assisted". And talked about how he wasn't like other nba stars.

Praised Isaiah Thomas as a little guy who made it possible for Stockton to break into the nba.

Talked about his time with the 92 dream team. He shared a story about his wife hanging clothes at 2am and then getting held up by some swat team or something thinking she was some villain out to get him. Lol

Talked about his relationship with Malone, and the pick'n roll.

What specifically did he say was his relationship with Malone?

Great interview. He talked about his book, playing with Karl Malone, the Dream Team.

Funny response to the interviewer asking him if he thinks about the 98 championship game, basically Johnny said, only when the media keeps asking him about it.
Another funny moment was how John called the team to make sure that no one was pulling a joke on him about being part of the Dream Team. He didn't believe he would be asked to play with the team.

Talked about not being noticed in Barcelona and how much he liked it. Talked about how the SWAT team was called to their hotel because his wife was hanging out some underwear at 2:00 am in the morning. LOL.

Always good to see John, I know Stockton doesn't want the spot light but he deserves it. I will buy his book for sure now.

What specifically did he say was his relationship with Malone?

Honestly not much, just that they were very different people, but just clicked in practice when they first got there. Stock said he recognized early on in practice that Karl was going to be great, basically said they just clicked on the court together, learned early on he just needed to get Malone the ball as much as possible. Nothing eye popping.

Talked about not being noticed in Barcelona and how much he liked it.
I remember seeing a short clip where a film crew was hanging around the Dream Team making a documentary. Stockton was walking around with his own video camera and stopping random Americans and striking up conversations. One woman he stopped was wearing a Dream Team t-shirt with all the players' faces on it, and gushed about how she was a big basketball fan and had met one of the players the other day, but obviously had no idea who she was talking to.

Stock's daughter pointed to the lady's t-shirt, put her finger right on Stock's pic and said 'That's my Dad!', and even then it took a few moments for the penny to drop.

I remember seeing a short clip where a film crew was hanging around the Dream Team making a documentary. Stockton was walking around with his own video camera and stopping random Americans and striking up conversations. One woman he stopped was wearing a Dream Team t-shirt with all the players' faces on it, and gushed about how she was a big basketball fan and had met one of the players the other day, but obviously had no idea who she was talking to.

Stock's daughter pointed to the lady's t-shirt, put her finger right on Stock's pic and said 'That's my Dad!', and even then it took a few moments for the penny to drop.

I know his daughter...she's fairly cute.

Nice girl.