What's new

John Wall's rookie year, and a look at Francis and Rose

AKistheFEARFACTOR

What is yalls take on John Wall? At first he reminded me of Francis in his prime, but I cant decide if he is more on the Derrick Rose end of the spectrum.

Wall 16p,9a,5r,2s 41% 30%3
Francis 18p,6a,5r,2s 45% 35%3
Rose 17p,6a,4r,1s - 48% 22%3

Francis got to the rim. He was athletic 195, 6'3" and he got to the hoop. Quick cross-over can hit the outside shot decent. He upped his points to 21 per game in consecutive seasons., The following year his stats dropped because Yao was in his second year in Houston and obviously demanded the ball a lot more. Scored 21 in his last solid statistical season with Orlando in his 6th year at 27 before being plagued with injuries. He remained a solid distributor, but a reputation as a shoot first point guard.

Rose in his second year average 21 and 6. This being his third season upped it to 25 and 8. 6'3" 190. Super quick and agile, gets to the room, great mid range jumper and has developed his passing to no other. Best point guard now, but I'd like to see Deron Williams challenge him for that in Brooklyn. Will be fun to see what they have in store for DW8. :cool:

I haven't had an intensive look at Wall's game. 6'4" 195. Is it more on the drive or the shot? I've noticed he can get to the rim for sure and he has a high ceiling.

Is Wall, Rose good?

Like both Rose and Francis, he has HUGE potential. It'll be interesting to see if he ends up like Francis or embraces it like Rose.