What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
There is motivation for Ainge to trade Crowder. And to trade him to the Jazz specifically. First of all the Celtics obviously have to trade someone without taking salary back to be able to sign Hayward. Second, there was the whole situation where Crowder got upset last year at Boston fans cheering for Hayward. I assume there is a possibility he's not thrilled to be stuck behind Hayward on a depth chart. Three, the market is pretty dried up right now. There aren't many teams available that have cap space AND would be willing to send future picks to Boston in return for Crowder. So dealing with Utah directly is convenient for Ainge to get this done.

[MENTION=631]ONE LOVE[/MENTION]

I think I was just piling on. I agree with you.

Oh ok gotcha.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But I agree with everything you're saying. Jazz push for this, Crowder pushes for this, Hayward may push for this to save face, and Celtics may be backed into a corner with no suitors willing to give assets.

Crowder, Gobert, Rubio, Ingles, Mitchell... I don't know how good that team is, but that's one feisty as hell team.

Last edited:
Now that all the cap space has been squandered, the exception may have even more value than Crowder. Still not believing this isn, but pretty impressed in DL is responsible for the leak.

Now that all the cap space has been squandered, the exception may have even more value than Crowder. Still not believing this isn, but pretty impressed in DL is responsible for the leak.

Well an exception may be all but guaranteed based off the last report of Hayward and Barlstein being immediately willing to facilitate a sign-and-trade.

Getting Crowder and the exception, that's a big deal.

Did the new CBA change the contract rules for S&T? Couldn't he then get more money under a Utah S&T? Of course they'd want to push that. Like what Jody Gennessy said, Bartledouche and Haywood need to demand a S&T, not just agree to one.

There are 3 candidates, why do you guys think BOS will be giving away Crowder?

Bradley is the ideal candidate for the trade from BOS POV with only 1 year left on his contract, no?
Because Crowder has publicly questioned the franchise for pursuing Hayward. Bradley is a good company guy and is loved by the fans.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I can't get over how weird this string of reports has been. The Jazz are leaking this. Spence and Jody are editorializing. It's really crazy haha. I hope it works, though.

Also needs to be re-said (someone mentioned it earlier) that CP3 did it for LAC, he requested that HOU send all those assets to LA in order for him to agree to his coming to HOU, both the HOU GM and LAC (Jerry West) are well respected and agreed to make this happen, would seem not as far fetched for the Jazz to ask him to request it from BOS.

If Ainge isn't willing to move Crowder to give the guy he treated to a personal bs show at Wrigley Max money then not only does he look like a cheap *** bull **** artist to Hayward but to every other player in the league. These guys don't want to sacrifice salary for an asset. A teammate maybe but not a redundant player.

S&T? Maybe it happens, but I doubt it.

Lindsey has repeatedly expressed the sentiment that trades ought to be fair, or that both sides ought to get something they value. A win-win.

Danny Ainge, and seemingly most Boston fans, view the business of basketball as a competition just like the games. They are not satisfied with a win-win, they want to beat you. And Danny Ainge manages his business like he played the game: feisty, dirty and willing to take a cheap shot.

Because Crowder has publicly questioned the franchise for pursuing Hayward. Bradley is a good company guy and is loved by the fans.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Crowded publicly voiced his displeasure at his own fans cheering for a guy on another team. I have no issue with that at all.

Bradley may be a good company guy but they'll trade him at the drop of a hat