What's new

[Jones]BREAKING: Jazz willing to engage Celtics in S&T talks: But Gordon Hayward must agree

• Thread starter Deleted member 95
  • Start date
Is he from Boston? They are easily provoked. It's been fun watching them try to go at our reporters.

No hes not a Boston reporter, his name is Brian Geltzeiler with Hoops Critic. He believes Gordon asked to be traded to Boston last summer. I think he's now making it known that he reported that a year ago now that Gordon did go to Boston. I know that DL denied that report last year and was upset by it.

I tend to think #3 will happen. We get Rozier, Jackson, a trade exception and possibly a pick. Boston holds on to Crowder/Smart/Bradley because no team is going to give anything of value for them right now knowing Boston's need to shed salary.
From my understanding they HAVE to trade 1 of those 3 guys. All the other players they could release leaves them 300k short of signing Hayward.

Sent from my SM-G920V using JazzFanz mobile app

its not happening

Opinion or report?

Perhaps what is happening is that Boston and Utah have a trade lined up but Boston is seeing if they can get a deal they like more from someone else before they pull the trigger?

either this is really happening or jazz trying to make us hate haywood even more.

i am cool with both

I would assume this is the point of contention:

The Jazz want Jae Crowder, but are only willing to give up a lottery protected 1st.

The Celtics think they can get that from a different team, and possibly something on top of that (like a young player on a rookie deal), so they are probably trying to get Utah to give up the pick with less protections.

The Celtics are now weighing their options and will almost assuredly find someone to deal with them.

Why wouldnt a team like Denver give up Juan Hernongomez and Mike Miller, along with a protected draft pick, to get Jae Crowder? Mike Miller is a non-guaranteed contract, so I think they can do that deal to free up space.

Or they could give up Trey Lyles or Tyler Lydon along with Mike Miller. They have so many young guys on rookie contracts they can easily deal one, attach it to Mike Miller, along with a protected pick and instantly do a better deal than anything the Jazz would willingly do.

either this is really happening or jazz trying to make us hate haywood even more.

i am cool with both

No, I think the Jazz are trying to get Crowder and they talked about it, just both sides couldn't agree. Maybe the Jazz end up with Terry Rozier or something like that, idk.

I would assume this is the point of contention:

The Jazz want Jae Crowder, but are only willing to give up a lottery protected 1st.

The Celtics think they can get that from a different team, and possibly something on top of that (like a young player on a rookie deal), so they are probably trying to get Utah to give up the pick with less protections.

The Celtics are now weighing their options and will almost assuredly find someone to deal with them.

Why wouldnt a team like Denver give up Juan Hernongomez and Mike Miller, along with a protected draft pick, to get Jae Crowder? Mike Miller is a non-guaranteed contract, so I think they can do that deal to free up space.

Or they could give up Trey Lyles or Tyler Lydon along with Mike Miller. They have so many young guys on rookie contracts they can easily deal one, attach it to Mike Miller, along with a protected pick and instantly do a better deal than anything the Jazz would willingly do.

Juan Hernangomez is too good.. Lyles and Lydon may not be trade eligible right now. Lyles just got traded so I think there is a 30 day wait. Lydon can't be traded for 90 days if he has signed his deals... my days might be a little inaccurate, but it's close.

there is at least a limited market for him. If they wanted to get full value for Crowder they should have done it at the draft... Danny was likely trying to fleece everyone again.

This is what happens when you become a pirate... no one want to deal with you.

Juan Hernangomez is too good.. Lyles and Lydon may not be trade eligible right now. Lyles just got traded so I think there is a 30 day wait. Lydon can't be traded for 90 days if he has signed his deals... my days might be a little inaccurate, but it's close.

there is at least a limited market for him. If they wanted to get full value for Crowder they should have done it at the draft... Danny was likely trying to fleece everyone again.

This is what happens when you become a pirate... no one want to deal with you.

lmao. Hernangomez is not too good.

They just paid for Millsap. They are going to want to push some chips in, or at least they should.

21 year old rookie who averaged 5 points per game does not equal too good to be traded for a starter on a cheap contract who has 3 years on his deal.