What's new

Joran in 2k11

Sloanfeld

Banned
Jordan in 2k11

OK so I don't play video games but I hear a lot of people talking about Jordan in 2K11 and someone please fill me in on what the big deal is? You can play as Jordan? OMFG. Back in my day, there was this cat by the name of 'Roster Player #24' on NBA Live '97 and it didn't bother me one bit.

Am I right? I mean it's just a freaking video game.

Why in the hell is Joran Van Der Sloot on the cover of NBA 2k11?

Joran%20Van%20Der%20Sloot.jpg

It's supposedly a big deal because games couldn't ever get the rights to put Jordan in a game. This is the first game to ever do it.

So, I guess the real answer is that yet again they've spent time building up hype on things that don't matter instead of trying to improve their game.

Learn how to spell, fool.

I edited the title immediately but it doesn't show on the topic list. The title shows correctly on THIS page though. I brought this issue up in the site suggestions a few months ago. Still not fixed. That's what you get when a Jest fan is on the mod squad.

unluckyseventeen said:
It's supposedly a big deal because games couldn't ever get the rights to put Jordan in a game. This is the first game to ever do it.

So, I guess the real answer is that yet again they've spent time building up hype on things that don't matter instead of trying to improve their game.

First ever? Not even Bulls vs. Blazers? Part of me wants to get a 360 so I could play this and Madden but I just get bored really fast playing video games.

Last edited:
First ever? Not even Bulls vs. Blazers? Part of me wants to get a 360 so I could play this and Madden but I just get bored really fast playing video games.

Well, I guess the first ever game that simulated the NBA and had all of the NBA rights and stuff. There were always old games like Jordan vs Bird but Jordan has always had some deal about his rights and video games never being able to get them to put Jordan in the game.. hence the reason why the Bulls in NBA Jam always had Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant.

I call BS on this.

First of all, Jordan is ridiculously overrated on EVERYTHING. For some reason, he has both better defensive awareness and better strength than Pippen. Riiiiiiiight. If you think Jordan was a better defender than Pippen, you need to get out of your Jordan jammies and stop sipping your gatorade while you're watching Space Jam.

Second, now they've ditched most of the historical teams in favor of only teams that Jordan played against... and these aren't even full teams, but typically only starting lineups, some of which are just flat out wrong. For instance, they have the Jazz with five players: Stockton, Malone, Hornacek, Russell, and Keefe. I mean, Keefe? I did a spit-take. WTF?

Oh, and did I mention Stockton is rated an 84? WTF is that? Apparently he was only above-average.

I got to talk with Jordan on a daily basis last summer. I think that was much more entertaining than playing him on a video game.

You fail. NBA Live 2000 anyone? One of the best b-ball games ever! Also 2001 and when he played on the wizards. Oh and it was Player #99 get it right!

28469ss.jpg

Actually, I was quoting NBA 2K advertisements. It even says on the demo that 2K11 is the only NBA game to ever have Jordan. I haven't played every basketball game ever and wouldn't want to. They're terrible games.