What's new

Jordan Pulls Bait & Switch, Conspiracy?

AlaskanAssassin

Since following the DeAndre Jordan fiasco, I've come to wonder if it's possible that this entire episode was orchestrated by the Clippers front office. You could argue that the landscape of the Western Conference would be very different right now if DeAndre had never committed to the Mavs. The Mavs likely would have either retained Chandler or pushed harder for LaMarcus Aldridge, which would have had a ripple effect on the rest of free agency.

If I'm an NBA General Manager and I know a rival is interested in one of my free agents, there is no better way to hurt them than by doing what DeAndre did. The Mavs are now "stuck" with cap space with no good players left to spend it on. This will likely have a 4-5 year negative impact on their franchise.

Even if the front office wasn't involved, who's to say Clipper players didn't orchestrate this? How would we ever know?

I thought you mean Michael Jordan.

No, I think it was DeAndre Jordan being insecure. He wanted some attention, so he went to the team that said they would run some plays for him on offense. Word gets out thats why he agreed to the Mavs, so the Clippers comeback and say the same things back. He wanted to be with the Clippers all along, he just wanted to be appreciated more.

The Mavs arent really a rival to anyone in the Western Conference besides the mid-tier teams trying to get into the playoffs. If one of our players, or someone from Phoenix/NOLA, did this then maybe you have some basis for conspiracy.

https://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/stor...-jordan-decision-renege-deal-dallas-mavericks

"He wasn't ready to be a franchise player. He was scared," Parsons said. "He was scared to take the next step in his career. There was no other reason other than that he was comfortable and he has friendships there. How you make a business decision like that is beyond me. How you ignore an owner like Mark who is in your hometown just waiting for a chance to talk to you is beyond me."

Lot of commentators focused on the ethical issues involved. Might change rules for free agency because of this event. It does seem unethical to just sucker punch a franchise in such a fashion. And he's being called a coward for not speaking to Cuban. I gotta agree with that, he is a coward for ignoring every text.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/...eat-ethical-breach-picking-clippers-mavericks

"Highly coveted center DeAndre Jordan didn't violate the letter of the NBA's free-agency rules when he decided Wednesday to stay with Los Angeles Clippers and back out on the verbal commitment he made a few days earlier to the Dallas Mavericks. But Jordan's flip flop is being received caustically inside and outside the NBA community as an ethical breach -- even an act of cowardice -- that could lead to rule changes."

If this is the case he is taking one for the team in a MASSIVE way. LaMarcus goes to the Spurs anyway so I don't see how that helps the Clippers in anyway as he's still in the Western Conference. Chandler signs with the Suns so again he's in the WC.

So... no I don't see it.

No, I think it was DeAndre Jordan being insecure. He wanted some attention, so he went to the team that said they would run some plays for him on offense. Word gets out thats why he agreed to the Mavs, so the Clippers comeback and say the same things back. He wanted to be with the Clippers all along, he just wanted to be appreciated more.

...this is the same clown that can't hit a free throw to save his neck, right? And the same clown that made a couple of bonehead plays that ended up putting him on ESPN highlights too, right? What did you expect?

Methinks the Clippers are gonna implode this year. At least, I sure hope they do.