What's new

Josh Smith being explored?

AKistheFEARFACTOR

The Hawks have recently been exploring the possibility of trading power forward Josh Smith as part of their summertime makeover, according to sources around the league.

Rumor is just from hoopshype but think if we traded

Millsap
Miles
Price

for

Smith

then

Kirilenko for Lee

Lee/Fes/Kosta
Smith/Okur
Hayward/Jeffers
Matthews/Korver
Williams/Gaines

Millsap
Miles
Price

for

Smith

then

Kirilenko for Lee

Lee/Fes/Kosta
Smith/Okur
Hayward/Jeffers
Matthews/Korver
Williams/Gaines

Why would we want Lee and Smith. They are both PF's and don't solve our height problems in the slightest if they play C.

I think I would rather try to trade Millsap Miles and Price for Superman. Can you make that happen please?

Millsap
Miles
Price

for

Smith

then

Kirilenko for Lee

Lee/Fes/Kosta
Smith/Okur
Hayward/Jeffers
Matthews/Korver
Williams/Gaines

Before you start coming up with theoretical trade scenarios, maybe pay attention to basketball. I don't know how many times someone has to say this, but here it goes again: DAVID LEE IS NOT A CENTER. He's only a center in the D'Antoni offense. He's 6-9, he doesn't play defense and he doesn't contest shots, so he doesn't even fulfill the needs that the position requires for the Jazz anyway.

Smith/Lee is not an upgrade over Millsap/Kirilenko/Miles. Not saying those three are untradeable in any way, but what you propose is idiotic.

Smith/Lee is not an upgrade over Millsap/Kirilenko/Miles. Not saying those three are untradeable in any way, but what you propose is idiotic.

im aware that lee isnt a center but id rather start Lee and Smith than Fes or Koufos. Josh Smith has interior D so i dont see how that wouldnt help us. Its obviously "hypothetical" since i said "think if we traded". Smith is a straight up athlete think of him running with williams