What's new

July 12th, Summer League Game 5: Jazz vs. Pacers *3rd place game* 10 AM ET

I don't like his form though.. it's really Rubio-esque .... not a solid shot at all. I do think he needs 1 more year in Europe and really working on that shot.

He does everything else well, but in the NBA if you can't shoot, you're Earl Watson.

Or mcw

Earl running the point when Mo was out was almost unwatchable for me... we had one of the worst stretch last year relying on Watson as the starting PG.

I thini we had a better record last year without mo..... but I could be wrong

I got the first three games of summer leauge downloaded, so after this game get uploaded, I'll upload the complete Neto and Gobert highlights of summer leauge

And then watch the reps come rolling in

I thini we had a better record last year without mo..... but I could be wrong

It's true, but I think a lot of that was just that the Jazz had more home games.
Somewhat proves that we don't need a shooting guard as our point guard.

If they managed to douse any semblance of a green light for Burks, then I imagine that it will happen for Burke as well.

Not worried about Burke's hero-balling one bit.

Good point..... they have made alec almost afraid to shoot during real games

So, Burke plays in the summer league as his team's best player. The second best player he played with? A seven footer with little offensive game and no ability to catch the ball. He is constantly double teamed, and when he looks to dump the ball off, he doesn't know where his teammates are or they can't catch the ball.

And all of that means he sucks? You all are crazy.

I don't care what happened this week. He looked really good in stretches and that is exciting. Wait until he can't be double teamed, he knows where his teammates will be, and when he dumps the ball off to a big down low, instead of fumbling the ball out of bounds, Favors will drop a monster dunk. Wait until he has a P&R and Favors rolls to the hoop for the oop. Then the next time down, the defense sags onto Favors, and he kicks it out for a Hayward/Rush three.

What Burke was asked to do this week is 100% different than what he will be asked to do in the NBA. This week he was his team's best player. In two months, he will be his team's sixth best player and not expected to do much at all.

Again, NOTHING was shown to us this week about Burke's ability or potential. Not one damn thing. Also, the only big takeaway from Gobert is that he has potential, but if he can't learn to catch the ball/rebound better, he ain't worth a damn.

So, Burke plays in the summer league as his team's best player. The second best player he played with? A seven footer with little offensive game and no ability to catch the ball. He is constantly double teamed, and when he looks to dump the ball off, he doesn't know where his teammates are or they can't catch the ball.

I don't care what happened this week. He looked really good in stretches and that is exciting. Wait until he can't be double teamed, he knows where his teammates will be, and when he dumps the ball off to a big down low, instead of fumbling the ball out of bounds, Favors will drop a monster dunk. Wait until he has a P&R and Favors rolls to the hoop for the oop. Then the next time down, the defense sags onto Favors, and he kicks it out for a Hayward/Rush three.

What Burke was asked to do this week is 100% different than what he will be asked to do in the NBA. This week he was his team's best player. In two months, he will be his team's sixth best player and not expected to do much at all.

Again, NOTHING was shown to us this week about Burke's ability or potential. Not one damn thing. Also, the only big takeaway from Gobert is that he has potential, but if he can't learn to catch the ball/rebound better, he ain't worth a damn.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

You forgot to mention that the players on the other teams will be better too. Everything else I don't necessarily disagree with.

He was playing as his team's best player? Based on what? He was the best player on his team for 0 out of the 4 games he played, so get that ridiculous excuse out of here. You can just state being the best player out there as an excuse, when he hasn't proven to be better than any of the players he was playing with. He was -10 tonight, the lowest on the team, compared to a guy like Neto who was +7.

I think burks was the best player on the team for a couple of the games burke played in..... how did he do in those games? (With burks)

Yay its over. Now we can all go back to normal, rational bashing of players. Based on years of gameplay and not based on 3-4 games in a totally new environment.
IF only the SL was before the draft, then Ostertag would have been a deserved #1 over Duncan. Yes, Im aware they were two years apart, just saying. SL means nothing like people here thinks it does...we now have Raul Lopez to save the day... o_O /sigh (I know its not Lopez but neato)

I am not going to read TOO much into SL. I trust that the Jazz and others were pretty good in their evaluation of talent and Burke will turn out all right.

That said, if you watched the SL and came with away with zero concerns about Burke, then you are a blind ostrich. I am concerned about his apparent lack of speed, lack of quickness, and flat arc to his shot. I hope you are right, but an objective observer can have cause for concern.

5522880548_24389eeda0_z.jpg

You think the complaining about Burke was bad after the Orlando SL wait until Las Vegas SL starts. I can only imagine if Schroeder and Bazz go off. The cries of "we should have drafted" from Jazzland will be epic.

Personally, I am excited about our guys and the team. However, I am not expecting much but young guys playing hard and learning. I am happy either way if they win or lose.

I am not going to read TOO much into SL. I trust that the Jazz and others were pretty good in their evaluation of talent and Burke will turn out all right.

That said, if you watched the SL and came with away with zero concerns about Burke, then you are a blind ostrich. I am concerned about his apparent lack of speed, lack of quickness, and flat arc to his shot. I hope you are right, but an objective observer can have cause for concern.

Lack of speed and lack of quickness? Those weren't his problems at all. He consistently stayed in front his man on defense, showing great footwork and quickness and was able to get into the paint with ease on offense.

Lol.

Question...do you watch NCAA basketball? You should not have concerns about his shot
Second question..what % of summer league players have you even heard of? Sucks when those guys are your team mates.

What I observed was a guy who came out of the gates in a shooting slump. SHots were for the most part rattling out. I observed several good passes from burke to morons who fumbled the ball out of bounds or chucked up an ill advised shot. I observed a PG who looked like he has the will and ability to defend. I observed a PG who found other ways to contribute in light of his struggles by playing quality D and chasing down rebounds. Most importantly...I observed a very proud player who had a bad showing and left an underwhelming impresion in some minds who is going to work his *** off hard to silence those who doubt him.