What's new

July 7th, Summer League Game 1: Utah vs. Miami

Burke looks so tentative. I want to see him attack the basket a bit more instead of passing so quickly.

Burke looks so tentative. I want to see him attack the basket a bit more instead of passing so quickly.

I think his lack of size, speed, and athleticism keeps him from attacking the basket.

I just want to see him set up his teammates better

Despite treys struggles, I have liked his effort on defense

I don't think it's that as much as he just isn't sure where teammates are going to be.

Ya I was a bit harsh with my comment.

I have spoken with tons of good PG's coming out of college about their first Summer League experience (first day). Almost every one of them talks about how much of a shock it is how BIG, STRONG, and FAST the guys are. John Wall admitted he thought he would go in an immediately dominate and it took him a few games to adjust his game and get comfortable. Burke will be killer... just give him a couple games to do the same.

That was a nice drive by burke

I have spoken with tons of good PG's coming out of college about their first Summer League experience (first day). Almost every one of them talks about how much of a shock it is how BIG, STRONG, and FAST the guys are. John Wall admitted he thought he would go in an immediately dominate and it took him a few games to adjust his game and get comfortable. Burke will be killer... just give him a couple games to do the same.

He just looks small out there.... not that you can't be good if you are small but usually you have to have some other special ability to make up for the lack of size.
Cp3 has amazing quickness (especially stopping and starting)
Nate robinson has amazing leaping ability (and great quickness)
Jameer nelson is super strong.

Does burk possess something like that to help overcome that lack of size

Awesome insight. It definitely takes time to adjust. We know Burke has the skill to do so as well.

I think he'll get there. He has the dribble moves to shake guys on the perimeter, but he has to actually use them. More than anything else it just looks like he needs to be more comfortable looking for his own shot and not deferring in an unproductive way.

He just looks small out there.... not that you can't be good if you are small but usually you have to have some other special ability to make up for the lack of size.

He needs to had some strength, but really it's his first game.

Brains, feel for the game, and tough as nails.

While Burke's shot is off, I have been impressed with his defense and his effort. I think he has rebounded well. 1-10 is ouch but I am not worried about his shooting.