What's new

July 9th, Summer League Game 2: Jazz vs Rockets 1:00 PM MT

i really do like bufford

has a clean jumper...good catch and shoot...i really like his game since his buckeyes days

i wish he gets a chance to the roster

Post number 4 by The Mode.

He must like Buford. He just had to get that in there.

More Oram:

Alec wants more responsibility wants more accountability. The Jazz expectations will be Alec being the 6th man scorer off the bench, and Alec wants that responsibility, but he may not be ready.

Doubts Tinsley will be back.

Gobert is unpolished offensivly, will be a really good defensive player who will get rotation minutes this year.

Trey Burke will be a vocal leader, he is loud on the floor telling teamates what to do now. The team will need leadership.

Neto got FIBA clearance to practise and play in 3 games, but he won't join the Jazz for a couple of seasons.

The more I see, the more I realize we need a franchise player in the 2014 draft.

In reply to both of these, it seems like the rotation this year will be:

PG Burke
SG Rush
SF Hayward
PF Favors
C Kanter
6th Man Burks

Gobert will probably be the 7th/8th man with Jefferson/Evans, since Tinsley might not be back we will look at a back-up point. Our future line-up should be:

PG Burke
SG Hayward
SF Wiggins/Parker
PF Favors
C Kanter
6th Man Burks
7th Man Rush
8th Man Gobert

In reply to both of these, it seems like the rotation this year will be:

PG Burke
SG Rush
SF Hayward
PF Favors
C Kanter
6th Man Burks

Gobert will probably be the 7th/8th man with Jefferson/Evans, since Tinsley might not be back we will look at a back-up point. Our future line-up should be:

PG Burke
SG Hayward
SF Wiggins/Parker
PF Favors
C Kanter
6th Man Burks
7th Man Rush
8th Man Gobert

That's a great line-up. I simply can't wait till the season starts.

PM me if you have a time machine. I'll keep it between us.

Am I wrong thinking Kanter is the PF and Favors the center? Seems like I'm the only guy that sees it that way.

Reactions: BHP
Am I wrong thinking Kanter is the PF and Favors the center? Seems like I'm the only guy that sees it that way.

I agree because Kanter seems more like the pick and pop type stretch 4 and Favors is roll guy that rolls into the basket. Just seems that Kanter has more of a touch on his shot and Favs will be the better help defender and Kanter the better body banging face up defender.

They basically play the same position. For them, it is all about how they matchup with the other bigs.

Well, when we actually HAD an offense (under Sloan), the 4/5 and 2/3 were interchangeable. It's really on the defensive end you get into which player is the C/PF or SF/SG in terms of who they're guarding.

Kanter is more a PF because of his ability to shoot and Favors more a center because of ability to block shots... but its too compartmentalized and not really necessary to lable them as such..

Burke can't dunk #tooshort

Burks can't shoot.

Also . . . the sky is blue.

Burks lovers, reconsider.

WTF Burks! Airballin' fadeaway.

But still, if his offense only consists of those kind of tough shots, it's going to be a LONG Year. Top-3 pick here we come: Burks not showing he can be a starter and Burke struggling to generate offense against NBA scrubs.

CvC6V.gif

096.gif

Haters_gonna_hate_black.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9A8x_xn5g&feature=player_embedded#t=58

Well, when we actually HAD an offense (under Sloan), the 4/5 and 2/3 were interchangeable. It's really on the defensive end you get into which player is the C/PF or SF/SG in terms of who they're guarding.

And I'd rather have Kanter guarding opposing centers and Favors guarding opposing PF's. Likewise, if I'm the other team, I'd have my center guard Kanter and my PF guard Favors.