What's new

Game Thread Jun 08, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Clippers - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 06-08-21

That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard. He thought the Jazz were going to take their 3x defensive player of the year out of the game on the biggest defensive possession of the entire season??? Seriously? And the reason he didn't call a timeout was because he didn't want them to him out of the game? What??
Hey, I think I follow you on Twitter. Lol

Corduroy... do you listen to his podcast? He plays it every time.

Unpopular take... Pearl Jam is really over-rated. I’ve never gotten them.
Me talking to my daughter, "You know, there will come a time when nobody but you and your classmates remember Billie Eillish."

Daughter, "That's impossible. She is way to big. You don't understand how big she is."

Me, "Just like Pearl Jam."

Daughter; "Who?"

That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard. He thought the Jazz were going to take their 3x defensive player of the year out of the game on the biggest defensive possession of the entire season??? Seriously? And the reason he didn't call a timeout was because he didn't want them to him out of the game? What??
Also a great sign we have a coaching advantage. 1- that he thinks we’d take him out...2- that he thinks it’s an advantage for us to take him out.

Can’t stop thinking about how good Royce played tonight and actually this entire playoffs. I have been extremely hard on him and have came to the reality that he plays his ****ing *** off. He does what he’s asked and it’s not his fault he’s continually put on the oppositions best players out of default.

What a masterful job he did on Kawhi and he was able to take advantage on the offensive glass like I pointed out before the game the opportunity would be there.

Thank you for everything you do Royce. Your energy is contagious. We definitely don’t win this game tonight without you or Donovan.

Can’t stop thinking about how good Royce played tonight and actually this entire playoffs. I have been extremely hard on him and have came to the reality that he plays his ****ing *** off. He does what he’s asked and it’s not his fault he’s continually put on the oppositions best players out of default.

What a masterful job he did on Kawhi and he was able to take advantage on the offensive glass like I pointed out before the game the opportunity would be there.

Thank you for everything you do Royce. Your energy is contagious. We definitely don’t win this game tonight without you or Donovan.
Royce was phenomenal. Really impressed at his strength when Kawhi tried to body him in the post. Royce held his own

So it is pretty apparent that the Jazz have a problem with teams that switch everything, right Jazzfanz? Noobs. . .

What a block by Gobert. That was tremendous and it came after multiple contests.

Still could have fouled when you are up by 3, though. Lol.
Ya they should have fouled.
In this case I'm glad they didn't though as that was such an exciting and satisfying win.
Hope they don't think they since it worked this time that they shouldn't foul in the same situation next time though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm so glad it worked out, but I was SCREAMING for the Jazz to foul Rondo on the final possession up 3.

I still think it's the best strategy.
Especially against the number 1 three point shooting team in the league efficiency wise

Corduroy... do you listen to his podcast? He plays it every time.

Unpopular take... Pearl Jam is really over-rated. I’ve never gotten them.
My favorite band. You may like them If you get to see them live a few times. And it's also beyond music, they do a lot of activism, cool stuff, and their fans are really nice (lots of solidarity, good vibes). Reminds me of Dave Matthews Band.

Music wise? I think their prime was in the late 90s-early 00s. Every record from there has been meh, but even then, there are 3-4 really cool songs in each album. Live? they are amazing even now.

Last edited:
Can and will are 2 different things. But I believe we can, and will if needs be, win the series without him.
I forgot the record that MT Steve posted of the jazz with everyone healthy but Conley but I think it was like 22-4 or something? Add another one to the win column.

Having said that, I prefer him in the lineup

So it is pretty apparent that the Jazz have a problem with teams that switch everything, right Jazzfanz? Noobs. . .
I mean switching is more effective when you don’t play Kennard and Jackson.

Our second unit would be so good with Conley/Gobert

My favorite band. You may like them If you get to see them live a few times. And it's also beyond music, they do a lot of activism, cool stuff, and their fans are really nice (lots of solidarity, good vibes). Reminds me of Dave Matthews Band.

Music wise? I think their prime was in the late 90s-mid 00s. Every record from there has been meh, but even then, there are 3-4 really cool songs in each album. Live? they are amazing even now.
I just never got it. I know their is a lot deeper meaning to their songs than many bands. Just not my jam.

We won. Could've been a loss ten ways, but we had our players stepping up to finish it right.

We look good. And deep. About 10 players deep, where only 5 are needed. well, 7 if the other team is having a good night.

Mike not have to play unless the Clips win 2 somehow.