What's new

Game Thread Jun 14, 2021 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 06-14-21

I like how this forum thinks the answer is to bring in forrest...LMAO

you guys are delusional. forrest is NOT the answer in any universe.

You’re right. He’s not. And neither is Oni, but he’s still seeing the floor.
We aren't looking for the answer... we are looking to avoid a problem... if Forrest came in and no one notice anything he did that would be a win. Even just helping bring the ball up a few times would be helpful.

I’m either going to be feeling really good tonight or like complete ****. Not much in between.
I've got a Chicken Little attitude right now so if we play good and Don looks healthy I'm likely to be in an okay mood... ehhh if we lose I'll be in a ****** mood too... you right.

You can usually tell when the Jazz are dialed in. If they come out strong and withstand some Clippers runs then they have a shot at pulling out a victory. If the get behind and struggle to stop the Clippers then they have no chance. The defense has to step up tonight. They need to play defense like they did in the 3rd quarter in game two. If Niang sucks again tonight I wish Quin would consider play the Big E. maybe he gets hot from three or get a few charges against the Clips. We need all our guys to play well and not just DM. Rudy, Ingles, Bogie and JC need to have big games.

Beating a dead horse here... but just heard the details of the Torrey Craig acquisition... Milwaukee traded him to Phoenix for cash considerations... that cash was $117k.

We could have had a bona fide NBA defender who is shooting 40% in the playoffs taking Niang or Oni's minutes. We instead sent a second rounder to Toronto for Matt Thomas.
Oof

brutal

Prior to the loss we had won 6 in a row. We're 6-2 this postseason.

People hating on Forrest. Dude is a rookie and is one of the best defenders on the team. I mentioned it before: he finished 2nd in ACC DPOY.

Yeah - he's not gonna come in and hit threes like candy but there's no doubt he can guard Reggie Jackson well.

Whatever it takes, just win.

If for some reason it goes horribly wrong early, rest the key guys and prep for game 5.

Easy to spot up shoot with a hammy. It’s actually running around that’s hard.

I love me some Conley this year, but injuries are limiting his next contract value IMO.
When he was out at the end of the season I watched him go through a full warm up prior to the GS game that he sat for... he actually moved quite a bit... I’m guessing he does the same now. It’s pushing it to game speed while fatigued that I think becomes the issue... you don’t know if it’s good until it’s too late.

Conley may need to play 3 minutes at a time, then ride bicycle to stay loose, only play 12-15 minutes