What's new

Kaep

It's not ridiculous. What an absurd statement. All these messages are not identical. Some seem almost contradictory in message actually. Get real and drop the angry/rude act. You're not very good at it.

The Seahawk's message to me is different and more powerful than Kaeps. How you do something and who you do it with matters.

The only thing that matters is the message. The Seahawks wouldn't have done what they did had Kaep not protested in the first place. Do u think minority's look at the Seahawks with more admiration because they stood and didn't sit?! Kaep did exactly what he needed to do to get his message across. Nothing Kaep did should be considered offensive or wrong. Now, if he said the military was bad then it would be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that matters is the message. The Seahawks wouldn't have done what they did had Kaep not protested in the first place. Do u think minority's look at the Seahawks with more admiration because they stood and didn't sit?! Kaep did exactly what he needed to do to get his message across. Nothing Kaep did should be considered offensive or wrong. Now, if he said the military was bad then it would be wrong.

And how it is done and with who it is done with is part of that message.

As for the bolded part, that is nothing but personal opinion. And as such is as valid as everyone else's, no more and no less. I will say that while I didn't care for all parts of his message over the last two weeks I can't help but shake my head at some of the B.S. directed his way. Like jersey burning and insults. Just sad...

And how it is done and with who it is done with is part of that message.

As for the bolded part, that is nothing but personal opinion. And as such is as valid as everyone else's, no more and no less. I will say that will I didn't care for his overall message I can't help but shake my head at some of the B.S. directed his way. Like jersey burning and insults. just sad...

All I'm saying is that minorities don't care how we feel about what Kaep is doing because they are the ones that live with inequality and injustice. When one nation under God means the same for all in this nation then we can criticize a none violent protest.

Me personally was blind to a point of the inequality. I was even a little put off by Kaep at first glance. Then I looked into it and heard Kaep speak. He has some damned good points

Me personally was blind to a point of the inequality. I was even a little put off by Kaep at first glance. Then I looked into it and heard Kaep speak. He has some damned good points

Yes he does. I still find kneeling disrespectful but after hearing him speak I realized that was not his intention. So I didn't really hold it against him. But after looking into it more and the other actions he has taken I have issue with his message of "pigs" directed at police. I do not agree with that. Their is a clear (to me at least) need for adjustments, corrections and inclusion in the police force and justice system. But I wont support statements like that.

Edit: But I have always supported his right to say and wear these things and rejected, to me, the over done outrage.

Yes he does. I still find kneeling disrespectful but after hearing him speak I realized that was not his intention. So I didn't really hold it against him. But after looking into it more and the other actions he has taken I have issue with his message of "pigs" directed at police. I do not agree with that. Their is a clear (to me at least) need for adjustments, corrections and inclusion in the police force and justice system. But I wont support statements like that.

Have u never said or done something in a fit of anger? It shouldn't make any less the message.

Do you think Rosa Parks was being disrespectful when she refused to give up her seat on the bus I can only imagine how many people thought she was being disrespectful. As an American it was her right to not give up her seat. It's Right to sit for the anthem according to the laws of America.

parks.jpg

Have u never said or done something in a fit of anger? It shouldn't make any less the message.

Do you think Rosa Parks was being disrespectful when she refused to give up her seat on the bus I can only imagine how many people thought she was being disrespectful. As an American it was her right to not give up her seat. It's Right to sit for the anthem according to the laws of America.

Wearing socks to a practice is a thought out process not a fit of anger.

Rosa Parks? Really? What a bad comparison based on what I am saying. Considering I have explicitly, multiple times now, said the bolded.

Either way I do not see much use running in circles on this topic.

Wasn't comparing the two. Just stating that what Kaep is doing isn't disrespectful. Anyone who understands the constitution understands that

Wasn't comparing the two. Just stating that what Kaep is doing isn't disrespectful. Anyone who understands the constitution understands that

You absolutely compared the two.

I can respect the bolded. You do not find it that way, ok cool. Not everyone does, clearly. But that's ok.

The red is nothing but opinion. I find that an odd statement tbh. If anything I see it the opposite way, the constitution protects people's rights no matter how it offends. In this case Kaep has the right, constitutionally protected, to do this despite people being offended.

Very different way of thinking about that. Interesting, thanks.

Last edited:
You absolutely compared the two.

I can respect the bolded. You do not find it that way, ok cool. Not everyone does, clearly. But that's ok.

The red is nothing but opinion. I find that an odd statement tbh. If anything I see it the opposite way, the constitution protects people's rights no matter how it offends. In this case Kaep has the right, constitutionally protected, to do this despite people being offended.

Very different way of thinking about that. Interesting, thanks.
What is red?

What section of the Constitution defines respect?

And to be honest I do not think it was ever intended that way by those protesting. But their are so many of us with so many views someone is bound to be offended. So I do not think Kaep meant to offend people even though he did.

Either way we all have the same right/freedom to express our views as we wish within the rights and confines of the constitution.
Spot on. My impression has always been that his initial protest was not well thought out. It wasn't as if he had set it up in a way to get attention. The only image I ever saw was a grainy shot where I had to take people's word for who it even was. Next thing you know everyone is freaking out about it. I don't think the same thing would have happened if he had knelt from the beginning.

Personally, I completely respect his right to protest and I think that kneeling is a good way of doing it. I do not know anyone who thinks that police violence is a good thing. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's necessary, but I've seen several instances where I wish the police had acted differently. That said, I'm sure glad I don't have to trade jobs with them.

He said the police are bad. He said Hillary is bad. Those statements are okay but criticizing the military is not?

All I'm saying is that minorities don't care how we feel about what Kaep is doing because they are the ones that live with inequality and injustice. When one nation under God means the same for all in this nation then we can criticize a none violent protest.

One nation under God will never mean the same for all in this nation or any other. That's a fact.