What's new

Kanter’s dad indicted for being “terror threat”

I assume he put his family in this predicament. It wasn’t long after his public protests that his family came out and publicly disowned him, which appeared to be more an act of preserving their own safety.

New dictator have enough cash and is more interested in quashing dissent.

More likely some local official, things got out of hand and went international and will probably cost our Enis a ******** more now. Anyway Erdogan ain't that bad, about par for most of the Turks I've met.

Last edited:
More likely some local official, things got out of hand and went international and will probably cost our Enis a ******** more now. Anyway Erdogan ain't that bad, about par for most of the Turks I've met.
Either you somehow don't know what you're talking about or none of us Westerners understand how bad it just is if Erdogan "ain't that bad."

Either you somehow don't know what you're talking about or none of us Westerners understand how bad it just is if Erdogan "ain't that bad."

e40e2d66-1d9b-44ea-ae04-862fdc8f69bd_16x9_788x442.jpg

I believe these Police are firing rubber bullets at women on International Women's Day, what a wonderful place.

Just rubber bullets...no real ones and they're not being stoned. That's probably viewed as being pretty progressive.

Just rubber bullets...no real ones and they're not being stoned. That's probably viewed as being pretty progressive.

It's not. You're thinking of ISIS. Turkey is a modern society that's been taken over by nationalist demagogues.

It's not. You're thinking of ISIS. Turkey is a modern society that's been taken over by nationalist demagogues.

Well yes but in the last 20 years there has been a growth and movement toward Islamisation, gambling for example was banned, by a conservative right wing religious coalition, they have also had a succession of economic crisis's, mostly due to incompetence and corruption. Added to this you have the Kurdish problem and the ongoing wars in their region, it really is ripe ground for somebody like Erdogan to come in and ease the fears of the middle class by repressing everybody.