What's new

Kanter being detained in Romania

There were rumors he could be deported to Turkey and arrested, but now they are saying that's not gonna happen. Could have been a scary situation with that guy killing off his opposers.

Already posted in the right forum...

He's a former Jazz player, which is why they allow all the dumb pro Kanter threads here.

You've been here long enough to know the rules, Red.

Anyway, when I posted this, there was a rumor he was getting deported to Turkey, which could have been a really serious situation. As it is, he'll probably just get let go, which makes this story pretty meh, so mods can just merge this with that other thread if they want. You know, to make room for all the activity going on right now.;)

After a letter published by his father last summer in a Turkish newspaper, Kanter announced he had been disowned by his family because of his political views.

"Today I lost my mother, father, brothers and sisters, my family and all my relatives," Enes Kanter wrote in the statement, which was translated to English. "My own father asked me to change my surname. My mother, who has given me life, disowned me. My brothers and sisters, with which we have grown together, ignore me."

That's sad. Never read about that. That's the bigger deal. He has lots of $$$$ so the passport thing is a momentary inconvenience. There's about 190 countries out there that would love to give him a passport if Turkey is done with him.

Hope it goes okay for him, not my favorite player, but not a bad guy as best I can tell, very good at playing the heel.

OKC is probably praying he stays detained forever so they can get rid off his contract.

On a serious note - dictatorships are not fun and Turkey just voted to become very very close to one with an authoritarian megalomaniac on the top. Very disappointing development with different authoritarians coming to power and seizing more power around the world recently. I hope Enes is alright and travels safely back to the US.

All past Jazz history aside, I hope he gets back to the US safely. Nobody should be treated poorly for political views.

He should really ask to become a US citizen... he had spent a lot of his life in the US now.

While I'm not a big fan of Kanter, I do like the fact that he's brave enough to stand up to Turkey politically.

He should really ask to become a US citizen... he had spent a lot of his life in the US now.

While I'm not a big fan of Kanter, I do like the fact that he's brave enough to stand up to Turkey politically.

Enes: Can I become a US citizen?
Dude: Sure, you just ask and voila. That's how works.

What's so funny?

No big deal. I just don't care about being territorial.

Red gave me **** about posting in the wrong forum, but I told mods to just merge my thread with yours.

So now your thread is in Utah Jazz forum. Congrats on you thread starting success!

Too bad Enes will be let go. "yawn". Could have been interesting otherwise.

Already posted in the right forum...

No big deal. I just don't care about being territorial.

Red gave me **** about posting in the wrong forum, but I told mods to just merge my thread with yours.

So now your thread is in Utah Jazz forum. Congrats on you thread starting success!

Too bad Enes will be let go. "yawn". Could have been interesting otherwise.

The irony of the two main forum buttholes getting in a squabble over something so petty.
Both of you should peace out.

All past Jazz history aside, I hope he gets back to the US safely. Nobody should be treated poorly for political views.

Kanter is a radical Islamist he should absolutely be treated poorly for his political views.