What's new

Kanter showed signs of being a better blocker/passer

The Blue Elephant

Kanter has already shown he has the potential to be a well rounded center in this league (at least stat wise). Let me explain.

If Kanter averaged the 1.1 blocks and 0.9 steals he did his sophomore year, the 1.3 assists to 2.4 to's his junior, the 11.5 rebounds he did his freshmen year, and the scoring he does this year (all stats per 36). If he does just that he would have these stats

18.4 pts 11.5 rebounds 1.1 blocks 0.9 steals 1.3 assists and 2.4 to's per 36.

That isn't a bad stat line. If he improved every aspect of his game a little bit on top of that even better.

Enes Kanter was ranked 18th in assists his junior year despite limited minutes. https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/avgAssists/year/2014/position/centers

Enes Kanter was not as terrible as he was now in blocks his sophomore year. https://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/...ks/year/2013/qualified/false/position/centers he was ranked higher in blcks per min than players like Demarcus Cousins, Al Horford, Nikola Pekovic, and Matt Bonner

I know you can do this with almost every player "points from their 5th year, assists from their 8th year etc etc." However players don't seem to yoyo stats as much as Kanter seems to have done on a year to year basis.

A better passer? In what alternate universe?

Nobody who watches the games can say that. Seriously, I'm don't pretend to be some sort of expert but he doesn't even look to pass. The only time he passes is when a double team gets to him early. It's bad. He's a worse black hole than Al was (a guy who did learn how to pass a bit as the years went by).

Sure I guess in the future he can learn how, but I don't see any signs of it.

A better passer? In what alternate universe?

Nobody who watches the games can say that. Seriously, I'm don't pretend to be some sort of expert but he doesn't even look to pass. The only time he passes is when a double team gets to him early. It's bad. He's a worse black hole than Al was (a guy who did learn how to pass a bit as the years went by).

Sure I guess in the future he can learn how, but I don't see any signs of it.

Yet he was 18th in assists for a center last year pretty mediocre. Much better than the terrible display he has done this year.

Yet he was 18th in assists for a center last year pretty mediocre. Much better than the terrible display he has done this year.

This year he's 36th...out of 40. And fails to be dead last by a whopping 0.1 APG.

But it's not even the numbers. His low numbers would be understandable if he at least tried. Rudy tries out there to pass, and every now and then does a pretty good job of it. Kanter barely tries at best, doesn't try at worst.

Just to give you an idea, per espn.com Kanter is 8th in field goal attempts and 42nd in assists among centers this season. He was 4th in field goal attempts and 20th in assists among centers last season.

Just to give you an idea, per espn.com Kanter is 8th in field goal attempts and 42nd in assists among centers this season. He was 4th in field goal attempts and 20th in assists among centers last season.

Means if Kanter wasn't as concerned with scoring points he would have even more assists.