What's new

Kanter shows nerves battling more comfortable Favors

The talent level in the D-League is just not good enough to develop a player with potentials even they are playing. Koufos was a good example of that.

I would rather let him play overseas in a pro league than in the D-League, but too bad that is not allowed.

He doesn't have to be precise right away. Just put the guy in there and let him bang. Sometimes he'll get Fes fouls and they will have to pull him earlier than they'd want but if the guy is as strong as he looks he ought to at least be able to help with boards and putbacks.

Kanter would have to be really, really lost to be such a liability he can't justify 10 minutes. And IMO 10 is enough combined with practicing with the rest of the bigs and working with real coaches.

Not a concern. In the little time I expect Kanter to see this season, I simply want him to rebound at a fairly impressive rate. That's his forte and if he can do that as a 19 year old, much like Favors did last year, it would be a potentially very good sign of things to come. I'm hoping top 20 in rebounds per 48.

Not a concern. In the little time I expect Kanter to see this season, I simply want him to rebound at a fairly impressive rate. That's his forte and if he can do that as a 19 year old, much like Favors did last year, it would be a potentially very good sign of things to come. I'm hoping top 20 in rebounds per 48.

Pre-draft, when people were asking my opinion of Kanter, I stated he is elite at 3 things.

- REBOUNDING
- Work ethic
- Understanding leverage and how to use his size on defense (though NOT a shot blocker)

He'll be a very good scorer in a couple years, imo, but he'll come out of the gate rebounding, I have no doubt.

If you can't put him in, you can't put him in. I want him to be able to get minutes, but you can't put a liability on the floor just to develop him. But lets see how he looks in a few real games. He might be able to get up to speed quicker than anyone thinks.

I don't agree with your correlation at all. Also, a big difference between last year and this year and there will be weeks in between Jazz practices at times.
Good point. With so many games stacked on top of each other, most days "off" will be travel days. I believe one of the changes of the CBA was to eliminate the restriction on how many times a player could be sent down and called up from the NBADL. A few stints where Kanter could get 25-30 mins/per in the D League might really help him.