What's new

Kanter traded to OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true; but Utah has no one to pick up the 14 points Kanter brought. The rest of the season is going to be ugly

Most of his minutes will be taken up by Gobert and Booker. Better defense, fewer points by the other team. With more minutes Booker and Gobert will score more.

Jazz are not losing 14 points per game. They will not be playing with four players on the floor.

Exactly. We have multiple posters thinking Kanter will walk for nothing and we should take ANYTHING we can get for him. Now we have a couple of bozos thinking we got too little for a player who bitched about his playing time and demanded a trade. Yes, by all means let's hang on to this guy, play him over a guy with a fantastic attitude who everyone but Enes LOVES and is the talk of the NBA (Gobert). Maybe we'll even be lucky enough to have Gobert demand a trade next season if he's still on the bench. Meanwhile, Enes would be in Utah on a qualifying offer demanding a max contract to stay. Kanter is a poor man's Boozer or Jefferson. Empty stats.

YAY GUIS WE MADE A TRAD EVERYONE WHO DON'T LIKE IT IS STOOOPID!!!

Shoutout to Hack who made fun of me saying Kanter to OKC didn't make any sense.

NBA GM's agree with Cy.

Just because it happened doesn't mean it makes any sense. So far it makes NFS

Waiting for my apology from Hack.

Lol.

My apologies you lucky *******.

It still doesn't make sense for OKC though.

Whatever though. I'll eat my words. I'm just glad it happened.

I was right all year long saying it had to happen and we could get something for him. Something a lot of people didn't think was possible.

So the Thunder Writer says jones and lamb were NOT traded. Thunders roster stands at 16 players with Novak.

Something seems off.

Most of his minutes will be taken up by Gobert and Booker. Better defense, fewer points by the other team. With more minutes Booker and Gobert will score more.

Jazz are not losing 14 points per game. They will not be playing with four players on the floor.

Also, Kanter was shooting the most FG's per minute of any Jazz player. Those shots can now go to Hayward and Favors - even a few 'oops to Gobert. I DO expect our offensive numbers to fall a bit. But the defensive ratings should rise.

But really what this comes down to is we traded an expiring contract of a player who didn't want to be here for a rookie on a 4-yr deal. And made room in the starting lineup for a player who CLEARLY deserves to start. Jazz NEEDED to make the move to start Gobert. Kanter was NOT going to accept a backup role as Trey has done. Or maybe Trey hasn't. But at least he's been good about it and didn't pitch a fit.

Except that we now have details that show us getting draft picks, as we obviously were getting from the beginning. FO obviously wasn't trading Kanter for literally nothing.

You tried to own me but you're backing off now. Stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three teams in this trade. Two teams got real players with proven NBA pedigrees. The third team is the Jazz.

Agreed, but guessing DL could consider Jackson skipping a step. Pay Jackson vs. picking who you want in FA plus getting another first rounder and dumping Novak's contract. I'm guessing that was the internal debate going down and the Jazz ultimately went with FA and picks over Reggie.

They could have had Reggie no doubt.

Hopefully this German bloke can ball and we can 100% zone in on D'Angelo.

PG - Exum
SG - D'Angelo
SF - Hayward
PF - Favors
C - Rudy

Hooooo baby.

That is probably the best trade in Jazz history. It got us two NBA finals.

I'll take the under.

The key word being "could". Is it that level today? Nope.

If this trade got us a top 5 pick and a max player this summer, then it could be that big of a trade.

Also, Kanter was shooting the most FG's per minute of any Jazz player. Those shots can now go to Hayward and Favors - even a few 'oops to Gobert. I DO expect our offensive numbers to fall a bit. But the defensive ratings should rise.

But really what this comes down to is we traded an expiring contract of a player who didn't want to be here for a rookie on a 4-yr deal. And made room in the starting lineup for a player who CLEARLY deserves to start. Jazz NEEDED to make the move to start Gobert. Kanter was NOT going to accept a backup role as Trey has done. Or maybe Trey hasn't. But at least he's been good about it and didn't pitch a fit.

And expanded our cap space as well, which is nothing to sneeze at, given that it's likely the cap increase will not be smoothed. That means next year is the very best opportunity for the next 3-4 years for us to acquire a talented free agent.

All true; but Utah has no one to pick up the 14 points Kanter brought. The rest of the season is going to be ugly

You realize there will be people getting his minutes, right? It's not like they will be playing 4 on 5. And when players get more minutes they tend to score more.

Agreed, but guessing DL could consider Jackson skipping a step. Pay Jackson vs. picking who you want in FA plus getting another first rounder and dumping Novak's contract. I'm guessing that was the internal debate going down and the Jazz ultimately went with FA and picks over Reggie.

They could have had Reggie no doubt.

Yes. Likely felt that cutting into Exum (and Burke's... heh) development was a bad call.

Status
Not open for further replies.