What's new

Kanter traded to OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you'd rather free up space by renouncing him for free than free up space by getting actual assets? That's ridiculous...
Don't the jazz have to pay perkins off?

Drafting Kanter #3...EPIC FAIL!!!!! What a crappy draft to have the #3 pick. If we would have kept Kanter, would that really make us better in the future than clearing room for Rudy. So we may lose a few more games this year, does it really matter. It only improves our draft status. Let's just hope that asset accumulation is over and DL throws all his chips in on an awesome asset. Rebuilding sucks, my patience is starting to run out.

I wont miss Kanter's defense. Sure I will think a little about what could have been, and what Kanter may do outside Utah. But then I'll just start thinking about his defense, and I'll sleep like a baby.

The Kanter no defense, no passing out of the post era is over.

It's the official end of "Al-Fense".

Ty Corbin weeps.

Everyone knows that you are playing the "I am Turkish but I try to be objective, a.k.a. I bash Enes Kanter" card.

STOP THIS A$$ kissing. We got it!

I'm not talking about Kanter right now. I wished he would stay in Utah but he won't. No need to discuss about it. He is gone and I hope the best for both sides.
JUST STOP being like this.
You are ridiculous as those Turkish Enes Kanter fans who think Kanter is made of gold. You are the same, just in opposite direction.
**** you man. Addictionary is awesome

Seems like the first rounder is OKC's. I think this was a **** trade for the Jazz. Indeed, if I understand correctly, we will have to pay Perkins for the buyout. Kanter obviously had his flaws, but the dude was young and had legitimate skills. What we got was worthless in the scheme of things. I think it would have been better to try to work on the relationship and see where it takes you. The guy hadn't been a cancer in the lockerroom and I have faith that Quin could keep him in line. Disappointed!

Qt0VB7A.gif
I agree

Oh, is this a kind of game where the guy with the most insulting words wins it?
How mature of you.
Is this the way you represent Turkish people here?
You disgust me. You embarrass me.
Stop being an *** kisser. We got it.

I don't represent Turkish people or anyone. I just want to drown you in your own ****ing blood. Wanted. Until I opened my PC and saw you signed up February 2015.

Good job you got me. ****ing troll.

The Jazz bought a 1st round pick from the Nuggets for 3 million 2 years ago. They just bought a similar pick in a few years for whats left of Perkins and his 9.1 million salary. Oh and a 25 year old euro who is at best a backup. Lindsey failed hard. If you knew Kanter was upset why wait and let him destroy his own value.

Either you know less than nothing or you're trolling.

Here's the quick run-down:

Everyone in the league is going to have the functional equivalent of max cap space because of jumps in the salary cap from the new league TV deal. When everyone has max cap space, no one has max cap space.

New York and Utah are obviously comparable in terms of free agent desirability. So I guess you got me there.

I'll try to type slowly, please try to keep up:

....First, any decrease in value of cap space will be completely transient. It will vanish as soon as the new contracts suck up the space. Watch the overall % of cap space consumes year over year, it will drop very little.

....Second, your thesis seems to be that cap space has little value because each team will have a lot more cap space. Logically, then, only an idiot GM would try to clear cap space, facts to the contrary (e.g., Phil Jackson).

....Third, teams that are currently over the cap may not necessarily have space to sign a max player, further weakening your argument.

....Fourth, you seem to be assuming that teams that do acquire the ability to sign a max player from the higher cap, have no desire to sign other players.

....Fifth, very disingenuous how you tried to change the subject by comparing the relative value of cap space for the Knicks versus the Jazz. It was, by the way, a beautiful way to undermine your thesis that cap space has little value.

Good day to you.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11377133/nba-free-agents-2015-2016

I'm not an expert on the individual situations but just looking down the list, how these guys seem like they might be worth targeting:

DeMarre Carroll
Paul Millsap
Jimmy Butler
Khris Middleton
Brandon Knight
Wes Matthews
Kawhi Leonard
DMC, Millsap and Wes are the only unrestricted free agents on that list. With the cap set to jump in 2016, Atlanta will almost certainly retain Millsap. I'd guess it'll take a lot to pry Wes away as well (especially with Batum's struggles this season). Max offer sheets for Kawhi and Butler will almost certainly be matched by their respective teams. After trading IT and Dragic (and Ennis), Phoenix likely matches any offer for Knight.

So...the Jazz might be able to score DMC or Khris Middleton with very aggressive offers.

Only thing I like about the trade....... Tank On!

I'm am officially rooting for losses now

Status
Not open for further replies.