What's new

Kanter traded to OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty young-- but this didn't stop the likes of Manu, or Saric.

Conversely, even an old fart like Pero Antic came to the NBA, and put up basically some
of the best numbers of his career up until that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen a minute of Pleiss. His stats were pretty decent last season. My biggest concern is his foul rate, which should only get worse in the NBA.

Dennis Lindsey buying the 27th pick off Denver to draft Gobert before the Spurs did is easily a top 3 NBA move/'trade' over the past ten years.

Up there with trading Crash Wallace for the pick that became Damian Lillard.

That's just false. Not trading him would have been getting rid of him for nothing.

Kanter wasn't staying as long as we were gonna play Rudy and Favors more than him. He would have taken the qualifying offer and bailed.

Trading Kanter was the right thing to do, even if it didn't feel like we got enough. We got more than we would have, had we held on to him.

What we got in the deal > renting Kanter for a year and a half.

Why is everybody so certain that Kanter would have taken a really stupid risk by taking the QO? In all likelihood, he would not have gone that route and the Jazz would have been able to sign and trade him for more than virtually nothing.

The bottom line is, DL had Big Al, Millsap, Carroll, and Kanter, and pissed them all away for nothing but a potentially worthless draft pick and the right to buy out Kendrick Perkins.

I haven't seen a minute of Pleiss. His stats were pretty decent last season. My biggest concern is his foul rate, which should only get worse in the NBA.

It's hard for him to put up numbers this year, purely because Tomic is playing so dang well.

His foul rate is a concern. From what I know, foul rate is either due to poor defensive positioning, or poor conditioning/athleticism.

Both can be improved to some extent. That's kinda my hope. Even if it doesn't, oh well-- we only need 20 minutes a night from the dude anyways.

Dennis Lindsey buying the 27th pick off Denver to draft Gobert before the Spurs did is easily a top 3 NBA move/'trade' over the past ten years.

Up there with trading Crash Wallace for the pick that became Damian Lillard.

Could you imagine the Spurs if theyd got Gobert?

Could you imagine the Spurs if theyd got Gobert?

He was gonna fall to them, if it wasn't for Dennis.

**** me. I'd be having an aneurysm right now. Deplore that team and its fanbase. I love how it took a former Spurs exec to have the foresight to take a chance on the dude

not sure if *cringe* or lmfao
Here's an exercise for you: Take a look at the team/assets DL inherited at the end of the 2012 offseason. Then take a look at what he has now. I've done this, posted it, and gotten very few serious bites before. I'll gladly engage if you do a little leg work. Sarcastic one-liners are of no value.

stay classy, bruh.
b_line had no desire to engage in an intelligent, respectful discussion. I made no great claims about my credibility, but that's the only thing he chose to address. I responded appropriately.

Why is everybody so certain that Kanter would have taken a really stupid risk by taking the QO? In all likelihood, he would not have gone that route and the Jazz would have been able to sign and trade him for more than virtually nothing.

If a player takes the Q/O he acquires a no trade clause with it.

Although I'm sure Kanter would have approved this trade.

Except for this agenda:

None whatsoever?

Pretty much everyone here except me thought Hayward wasn't worth more than $11mm. Why are you singling out one poster (who has most likely admitted that thus far he was wrong on the signing)?
What's your agenda? I called him out for being inconsistent and displaying had judgement about picks or players. So what's your point in this?

How is this relevant? Why not engage in actual discussion?

and? I was wrong then, and I'll be wrong again at some point. I don't think that anyone who's ever been wrong about anything should stop thinking or having opinions. It's unfortunate you think otherwise.

and also, go **** yourself.

I didn't say that. reading is fundamental.

Unfortunately, I'm not privy to much of anything that goes on behind the scenes, including when Kanter's people started asking for a trade and what might have been available had DL tried to make a trade earlier (maybe he did). I'm simply expressing my opinion about this particular trade and DL's overall asset management.

FWIW, I thought KOC was a terrific GM. DL has been a dud so far.

The Jazz received ONE 2nd round pick for Novak. We have no idea how he affected the Jazz's haul in the Kanter trade. And no, I wouldn't have made the Novak trade last summer.

1. Should I apologize when expressing my opinion?

2. If you want to engage in a discussion, you might start by actually responding to something I've posted in the thread. Then I could consider your opinions/questions, think about them, and formulate a response. Really pretty simple. Once again, go **** yourself.
Dude. You clearly said you are not as high on exum or Gobert as some on this board. I'll go find the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.