What's new

Kanter's agent might have been right

Watcher

When he said one of the best of his generation. It's just that he forgot to clarify he was talking about Gobert, and that's why Kanter wanted to be traded.

LOL .. yeah remember the debate about Kanter VS Valanciunus and who will become a better pro?

It was Gobert all along.

I will decide who is the best player after 5 years. That age group hits 27-28. Prime.

Smart.

Also, these posts are stupid. Yes, they are both 22 yr old big men who played for the Jazz, but aside from both being dominat offensive rebounders, their skills are vastly different at this point. Gobert is god on defense, while Enes is brilliant on offense; some nerds on here will try to deny Kanter's potential and production on that end, but it has been enough that he has good chemistry and confidence from an MVP canidate, has his new fans/media gushing over him, and has hall of famers like Reggie Miller, and Charles Barkley singing his praises.

Both are going to be really, really good players. Both careers are still in their infancies as well.

Long live Gobert! Long live Enes-- except when he's playing us.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];1007910 said:
In my trip to van golu I will seek Kanters agent and punch him in the head repeatedly for all of Jazz Nation. Anyone in Tukeye want to film?
Me me me me!

Don't forget to feed him to the Van Gölü Monster.

And it's Türkiye. Thanks for trying.

I don't get where this whole "Enes Kanter is brilliant on offense" narrative comes from. The dude is 34th among centers in true shooting % and 55th in assists. Since joining OKC, he's been 14th among centers in ORPM. He will score, but where efficiency is concerned he is very very average. Definitely not brilliant.

I don't get where this whole "Enes Kanter is brilliant on offense" narrative comes from. The dude is 34th among centers in true shooting % and 55th in assists. Since joining OKC, he's been 14th among centers in ORPM. He will score, but where efficiency is concerned he is very very average. Definitely not brilliant.

See, I love stats and everything, but it is responses like this that make me question wether or not some of you actually watch the games, or understand basketball beyond box scores. From an offensive perspective, he is becoming a force. It is self-evident, not up for debate because your box score tells you so.

See, I love stats and everything, but it is responses like this that make me question wether or not some of you actually watch the games, or understand basketball beyond box scores. From an offensive perspective, he is becoming a force. It is self-evident, not up for debate because your box score tells you so.
Lol, it's up for debate through stats and when watching games. It is not a fact he is a dominant offensive player right now. He has teammates that are dominant offensive players.

He only played 21 mins tonight and finished with 8/5. Westbrook again was quite the ball hog (33 shots). Wonder if Kanter will start complaining.

He only played 21 mins tonight and finished with 8/5. Westbrook again was quite the ball hog (33 shots). Wonder if Kanter will start complaining.

Well, this is the closest he will get to a ring. So if I were in his shoes, I'd do whatever my coach wants me to do, do not show any signs of egoistic BS, and at the end of the season, I'd take any offer Thunder would throw me, even if it's below the Jazz offer that they rejected.

Knowing Enes thinking extra highly of himself all this time, I have my doubts he will do those things and he will go to a place that gives him the biggest cash.

Of course, I wouldn't know the difference between 8 million a year and 15 million a year, so it's easy for me to decide.

Well, this is the closest he will get to a ring. So if I were in his shoes, I'd do whatever my coach wants me to do, do not show any signs of egoistic BS, and at the end of the season, I'd take any offer Thunder would throw me, even if it's below the Jazz offer that they rejected.

Knowing Enes thinking extra highly of himself all this time, I have my doubts he will do those things and he will go to a place that gives him the biggest cash.

Of course, I wouldn't know the difference between 8 million a year and 15 million a year, so it's easy for me to decide.

It's about 7 million give or take.

That's exactly what he'll do...if the offer is high enough. If not, he'll take the QO and wait until 2016 to get paid.

Yeah I'd probably discard stats entirely as well if they completely destroyed my argument like that.

Not up for debate? Wtf? It most certainly is up for debate. He isn't as effective as you are portraying him to be especially when you consider team ball. It has always frustrated me how much he is allergic to passing and i always figured he would learn it but it's pretty much just not something he is interested in. I don't think he sees the court the way he needs to.

I think it will become obvious that he is a bit of a black hole and that mefirst attitude of his will cut into his playing time. He also can't jump and move defensively as well as he needs to be able to for a PF. I think he is a decent player, but he's not elite at anything imo.

He was not a dominant offensive player while at the Jazz, or at least not by my definition of dominant. His ability to pass out of the double-team and his mediocre mid range game were causes of that. He has shown moments of brilliance as a low post scorer, I'll give him that. I haven't seen any of his games at OKC, but I'd be very surprised if he suddenly changed his game there.

Smart.

Also, these posts are stupid. Yes, they are both 22 yr old big men who played for the Jazz, but aside from both being dominat offensive rebounders, their skills are vastly different at this point. Gobert is god on defense, while Enes is brilliant on offense; some nerds on here will try to deny Kanter's potential and production on that end, but it has been enough that he has good chemistry and confidence from an MVP canidate, has his new fans/media gushing over him, and has hall of famers like Reggie Miller, and Charles Barkley singing his praises.

Both are going to be really, really good players. Both careers are still in their infancies as well.

Long live Gobert! Long live Enes-- except when he's playing us.

Yeah, anyone who watches Kanter for a game or two is going to be impressed, especially when you catch him on a good day. Anyone who has watched him for years knows he sucks though.

Kanter will never be an All-Star and he will never be a starter on a playoff team that doesn't consist of two top 10 players.