What's new

Kanter's Injury is NOT More Serious Than It Has Been Declared! And He Might Be in the FIBA WC 2014!

Well, Turkish people won't look at these things from risk/reward perspective. If you're ready to play, you play for your country.
Besides, as @dalamon pointed out, this may help him get in game shape. I'll add the extra benefit of likely confidence boost. He looked damn good last time playing for the NT, he was 18 or something, now he may rock the world's scene playing the PF alongside Omer Asik, improve his confidence much damaged during Corbin's tenure.

The problem is Kanter's agent is messing things up, and this happened several times before. He took the kid to the US to waste his two years before all.
And now this mess of medical reports... Top Turkish newspapers today are bashing Kanter again, write he is working out in the US, not joining the NT, telling lies. This one has the headline: "Another Enes Kanter issue!"

eBz5yUO.png

When everything indicates that he will benefit from playing in the World Cup and he still bails because his agent says so, he is a loser.

Because his name is Kantdurrrr and he falls!

c7CTIdu.jpg

I would love to see you play "like a real man" against him. You would probably die.

Can't happen. Have it on pretty good authority that size/boobs is a eunuch.

This loyalty to your country by playing basketball is exhausting and stupid. I realize that it's important to that country's fans, but gimme a break. He's an adult and if he doesnt want to play exhibition ball then so be it.

And no offense to Dalamon.. but there are plenty of better ways to get in shape for the season than traveling overseas, living out of a hotel, and playing some games at about 20 minutes per night.

If I were him I'd stalk QS until I made him start coaching me up.. now.

Seeing as Kanter still doesn't have a stellar BBIQ, it'd be good experience having him play in another system. I doubt he's gonna flame out and play poorly, if he chose to play.

It's also a good opportunity to get in game shape prior to the start of the season.

The few times I have seen Turkey play, I would say it certainly wouldn't help his BBIQ since the Turks's offense consist of their guards just chucking up shots and the Bigs getting the rebounds. If you want to see poor BBIQ just watch the Turks guards. Again, I haven't seen Turkey play much but the few games I watched I felt sorry for Kanter.

I really hope he plays.. Judging by what I've heard about his temperament, it would obviously be great for him to work up some momentum going into the season.

If he plays, the Jazz will be represented on 5 of the 24 teams??

Enes - Turkey
Rudy - France
Dante - Australia
Tomic - Croatia
Neto - Brazil

Six if Hayward makes the American team.

This loyalty to your country by playing basketball is exhausting and stupid. I realize that it's important to that country's fans, but gimme a break. He's an adult and if he doesnt want to play exhibition ball then so be it.

And no offense to Dalamon.. but there are plenty of better ways to get in shape for the season than traveling overseas, living out of a hotel, and playing some games at about 20 minutes per night.

Please tell me this is a text you sent him last night.

That's a lot of ignorance for a single post. World Cup is not exhibition ball, it's where the best basketball counties in the world gather and go to war against each other.

Turkey is currently the fifth biggest favorite to win it all. So imagine if Kanter gets to the final game vs the US. A game that'll be watched by dozens of millions of Turks, hundreds of millions of other nationalities around the world. That'd an invaluable experience.

Also getting in shape and getting in game shape are different things. And Kanter is CERTAINLY getting more than 20 mins. Not sure how you get to learn all this misinformation. You should be given some kind of a reward. LOL

I really hope he plays.. Judging by what I've heard about his temperament, it would obviously be great for him to work up some momentum going into the season.

If he plays, the Jazz will be represented on 5 of the 24 teams??

Enes - Turkey
Rudy - France
Dante - Australia
Tomic - Croatia
Neto - Brazil

I heard Neto didn't make the team.

What? I thought he was the backup pg...just like Exum.

@RcaAmarante: Raulzinho is not on the preliminar 10-man Team Brazil list for the FIBA World Cup. A back-up PG spot is still open, though.

So still a possibility I guess.

Kanter's life. A Photo Journey, a Fans confusion.

7up-drama-large-3.jpg

DramaQueen1.gif

The misspelled Dave, it should be D-e-n-n-i-s.

63_20120411_120056_not_my_fault.jpg

0811853683_large.jpg

[video=youtube_share;yGo0ssVWEm8]https://youtu.be/yGo0ssVWEm8

I disagree here. Getting "in shape" is different than a potential shot at being the focal point of a country's offense against the world's best. Would be invaluable for Kanter.

Of course Turkey's old offense was trash-- but I'm sure they've switched it up, and they would probably rely more on Kanter now

Kanter is being a diva. I can get over everything about him (including the defense comment) but this NT-fiasco is embarrassing.

What's better, going against the Gasols and team USA

Or shooting free throws with Kiki Vandeweghe