What's new

Karl Malone Interview

Great interview...

Funny stuff when they asked him stuff about Ostertag...
I like how much he likes Griffin.
And of course all the stuff about Charles.

I want Karl in the organization and involved with player development...if that means Assistant coach...then so be it.

No more BS from the players...if they train and work like he did...we will always have a chance.

I want Karl in the organization and involved with player development...if that means Assistant coach...then so be it.

No more BS from the players...if they train and work like he did...we will always have a chance.
Yes.

It would be very good for the Jazz organization if Malone took on a coaching role, but I'd be stunned if he did. He'd much rather be fishing in Louisiana. I'm glad that he's becoming a more high profile alum than in the past. I love the pride he's showing in being a Jazz man.

Nice interview.
I think it would be great to have him on the staff somehow.
Didn't coach Corbin mention something of him not only needing another assistant, but a player development coach as well?

It would be very good for the Jazz organization if Malone took on a coaching role, but I'd be stunned if he did. He'd much rather be fishing in Louisiana. I'm glad that he's becoming a more high profile alum than in the past. I love the pride he's showing in being a Jazz man.

Are you really calling Malone a liar? Or are you spouting off without knowing what the hell you're talking about? It's one or the other. He's very clear he wants to be part of the Jazz organization.

Malone's work ethic doesn't mean jack unless he can communicate effectively with the players...which I have my doubts about.

Malone's work ethic doesn't mean jack unless he can communicate effectively with the players...which I have my doubts about.

Agreed. I was a huge Mailman fan in the day, but frankly I don't know that effective communication is one of his strong suits (no mine, usually). I'll give the interview a listen, it will be entertaining, I'm sure.

Are you really calling Malone a liar? Or are you spouting off without knowing what the hell you're talking about? It's one or the other. He's very clear he wants to be part of the Jazz organization.

I made my post while listening to the interview but before I reached the part where he said he wanted to be a part of the organization, so I guess the answer is that I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I do now, and as surprised as I am, I believe him. Karl Malone gotta do what Karl Malone gotta do. I've done a complete 360 on this one. C'mon Jazz, take him up on his offer.

Karl Malone would be a good coach until right after his first interview. And then, after blowing up a player or two, he would lose the total team.

Now, Karl Malone as a scout? Hmmmmmm.

Beat me to it. He almost comes across desperate, like a parent trying to live through a child.

Everything goes fine til a player questions him or challenges his authority.

Wasn't he part of the All-NBA Interview team for years? How did he do that without effective communication skills?

It's not that he can't communicative, it's the manner in which he does. Malone alienates people because he pulls no punches. He's like Charles except he's even more blunt.

After listening to this whole interview one thing is clear. This team needs Karl Malone. We need Karl Malone. Karl Malone needs Karl Malone. and Greg Miller needs money.
Somehow it all adds up.