What's new

Karl Malone's Press Conference Link Inside

Thanks for the link. IMO this is a must-listen.
A few of Karl's best quotes:
I've heard guys on tv talking about Coach loss his will - he don't have the fire- I heard alot of that. Half those guys don't know what they're talking about, very few of them do. Some of them I played with - I mute it when they start talking
Mark Jackson and Tim Legler hi.

On possibly coaching in the future:
At some point in time, I will be honored if I would be mentioned as a coach...but I don't think the time's right now. I state something I always stated to the Jazz organization: I've always been a phone call away to do whatever I can to help this organization - they haven't taken me up on it -and that's fine, but I repeat that...at some point in time, I would be honored to attempt to carry on Coach Sloan's and Phil's legacy.

On what would be his coaching style:
I'm stubborn - I was taught by Jerry Sloan. I don't think I'll be bringin a dozen roses.

On What he would tell the Jazz players:
They changed the floor back to old-school. They changed the uniform back to old-school. Somebody tell the damn players to start playing like in the old-school. It work don't it?

On coach Sloan resigning:
Whatever the powers were to be, they had to be extremely strong for him to...resign

On the circumstances surrounding Sloan's resignation:
Let's be honest with the Jazz fans now because they're not dumb by any stretch of the imagination.

I remember Larry Miller in this lockerroom when me and Coach Sloan was butting heads after a game in front of everybody...I would get up, Larry would go check on Jerry, come in the shower ask if I was okay...Larry never got in that - cause he know we'd work it out.

Last edited:
I remember Larry Miller in this lockerroom when me and Coach Sloan was butting heads after a game in front of everybody...I would get up, Larry would go check on Jerry, come in the shower ask if I was okay Larry never got in that - cause he know we'd work it out.

This. The most telling point; I think the implicit -- noted, thus explicit -- point is that Karl believes Deron and Sloan not only went at it, but that management became involved.

And sided with Deron.

And Sloan's prediction became fact: management took the team away, the player no longer was subordinate, and because of this, yes, it was time.

Time to leave.

Not old school.