What's new

Kendrick Perkins PSA for Utah Jazz

candrew

Kinda lame but interested in reactions from my friends from Utah.

Bears mentioning Perkins had The Jazz missing the playoffs entirely this year.

Yeah what the hell was that? Did anyone call the number?

"With a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side."

Go **** yourself, Perkins. This clown makes Jalen Rose look like a basketball genius.

Forget the phone number... for a good time Google Kendrick Perkins is a moron and enjoy the many humorous (yet true) search results.

The NBA is weird. Here you have a team full of very likable players from all over the world having success in a small market. The brand of basketball they play is entertaining. Far more entertaining than anything Shaq or Kendrick played with.

For these reasons One would think the Utah Jazz would be the darlings of the NBA. If you can build a contender in Utah then you can build a contender anywhere. Doesn’t the NBA want to sell its players and brand in international locations? Why wouldn’t you be pumping Gobert and make him the most popular player in Europe? Why wouldn’t you be pumping Joe Ingles to be the face of Australian basketball? Or Bogie for Croatia? Why wouldn’t you be leveraging Bogie and Ersan to grow the game in Eastern Europe? Why wouldn’t you be showcasing the Jazz to encourage young players to play basketball?

Mitchell is one of the most likable players in recent history, doesn’t the NBA want him to be the face of the league? He’s far more marketable than Simmons and others they seem to be trying to market. If I were the NBA I’d be pumping Joker, murray, Mitchell, and Tatum as the new faces of the league.

it’s not like the Jazz don’t have some interesting storylines. Conley might finally get a ring, isn’t that a story worth exploring? What was it like growing up in France? Is Mitchell finally becoming a superstar? Their new ownership is extremely connected to the community and is trying to build relationship with minority populations, isn’t that better than Donald Sterling ****ing over minorities or talking about “Magic and his AIDS???”

Yet, the NBA and former players all seem to bash the Jazz and it’s players. Would the NBA benefit if Mitchell were a jerk, like Simmons? In legal trouble? Beating up girlfriends? Would the NBA benefit if the Jazz were a dumpster fire, like the Sacramento King and NY Knicks have been for nearly two decades?

The treatment of the Jazz is mind boggling to me. You don’t see Joe Montana attacking Pat Mahomes. You don’t see former players taking shots at the Buffalo Bills or Kansas City Chiefs. You don’t see the NFL dropping small market Green Bay Packer games in favor of large market NY Jets games.

It’s weird to me why the NBA and its players aren’t pumping up the Jazz. Don’t they care about capitalism?

Last edited:
The NBA is weird. Here you have a team full of very likable players from all over the world having success in a small market. The brand of basketball they play is entertaining. Far more entertaining than anything Shaq or Kendrick played with.

For these reasons One would think the Utah Jazz would be the darlings of the NBA. If you can build a contender in Utah then you can build a contender anywhere. Doesn’t the NBA want to sell its players and brand in international locations? Why wouldn’t you be pumping Gobert and make him the most popular player in Europe? Why wouldn’t you be pumping Joe Ingles to be the face of Australian basketball? Or Bogie for Croatia? Why wouldn’t you be leveraging Bogie and Ersan to grow the game in Eastern Europe? Why wouldn’t you be showcasing the Jazz to encourage young players to play basketball?

Mitchell is one of the most likable players in recent history, doesn’t the NBA want him to be the face of the league? He’s far more marketable than Simmons and others they seem to be trying to market. If I were the NBA I’d be pumping Joker, murray, Mitchell, and Tatum as the new faces of the league.

it’s not like the Jazz don’t have some interesting storylines. Conley might finally get a ring, isn’t that a story worth exploring? What was it like growing up in France? Is Mitchell finally becoming a superstar? Their new ownership is extremely connected to the community and is trying to build relationship with minority populations, isn’t that better than Donald Sterling ****ing over minorities or talking about “Magic and his AIDS???”

Yet, the NBA and former players all seem to bash the Jazz and it’s players. Would the NBA benefit if Mitchell were a jerk, like Simmons? In legal trouble? Beating up girlfriends? Would the NBA benefit if the Jazz were a dumpster fire, like the Sacramento King and NY Knicks have been for nearly two decades?

The treatment of the Jazz is mind boggling to me. You don’t see Joe Montana attacking Pat Mahomes. You don’t see former players taking shots at the Buffalo Bills or Kansas City Chiefs. You don’t see the NFL dropping small market Green Bay Packer games in favor of large market NY Jets games.

It’s weird to me why the NBA and its players aren’t pumping up the Jazz. Don’t they care about capitalism?
Utah has a stigma about the weird state with all those Mormons. It has been there since the Jazz moved there. Keeping the Jazz name also added some negativity to this organization.

This is cringe content. F perk. We don’t need any pity from that hot take buffoon. The 15-16 warriors didn’t get any respect until they broke through and earned it. A jump shooting team could never win a chip they said. Now a team without a supposed star that thrives on blender type ball movement and equal opportunity team ball supposedly can’t win a chip. That’s why we play the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN is all about personalities over analysis now and if Perkins is one of the best they have then you can really see their decline.

I don’t get it... I think the goal of the idea was something way different than the execution. The idea of it could have been alright but not sure what they were going for. In general I am cool with doing funny things so I give it 2 stars for trying something. It was like an M. Night movie where the idea had some juice but 1/4 into it you realize they don’t have the full puzzle solved.

Yeah, I feel like this was supposed to actually be Perk's way of pumping up the Jazz, sending good vibes in a sort of funny way, but the execution was really weird.