What's new

Kevin Pelton lists three Jazz guys as potential first time all stars

Rgiss

1. Towns

2. Giannis

3. Whiteside

4. Hayward:

Odds are a member of the Jazz will make the All-Star Game this year, particularly if Utah emerges as a West contender as RPM projected. The trick is figuring out which one has the best chance.

I'm starting with Hayward, the team's leading scorer last season at 19.6 PPG who's also the most established of the Jazz's stars.

5. Favors:

If not Hayward, it could be his frontcourt mate Favors, who got some All-Star buzz by averaging 16.8 points and 8.6 rebounds the first two months of last season before missing a month with back spasms and falling off the radar.

It might be a tad easier to crack the West roster as a big man than as a wing, though technically both Favors and Hayward will be vying for votes in the frontcourt.

6. DeAndre Jordan

7. Reggie Jackson

8. Rudy Gobert:

Of the Jazz's three best players, Gobert appears to have the most difficult path to the All-Star Game given he has never even averaged double-figure scoring.

Dikembe Mutombo and Ben Wallace are the lone players in the last two decades to be chosen All-Stars without scoring double figures, per Basketball-Reference.com.

9. Andrew Wiggins

10. Porzingis

HM: Beal, Crowder, McCollum, Valancuinas, Walker

https://insider.espn.com/nba/inside...ony-towns-hassan-whiteside-all-stars-2017-nba

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

West guys other than those mentioned in the article.

Durant, Curry, Thompson, maybe Green
Leonard, Aldridge
Paul, maybe Griffin, maybe Jordan
Lillard, maybe McCollum

That's 7 likely definites and 4 other possibilities from just 4 teams. ****'s gonna be tough as hell for any of our guys to make it because, imo, we are gonna be very team-oriented. Which isn't a bad thing.

There is only 2 spots as i see it (12 roster spots) unless injuries drop some of the bottom out or crappy seasons.

Curry, lillard, paul
Harden, westbrook, thompson
Durrant, leonard
Davis
Cousins

There is only 2 spots as i see it (12 roster spots) unless injuries drop some of the bottom out or crappy seasons.

Curry, lillard, paul
Harden, westbrook, thompson
Durrant, leonard
Davis
Cousins

I wouldn't automatically punch Lillard, Harden, Davis, and Cousins all the way through just yet. They are good, but at some point teams with good players with better records will send their guys. And, unless they are completely unstoppable, I don't see how you can send three all stars from one team unless the fans vote for that.

I wouldn't automatically punch Lillard, Harden, Davis, and Cousins all the way through just yet. They are good, but at some point teams with good players with better records will send their guys. And, unless they are completely unstoppable, I don't see how you can send three all stars from one team unless the fans vote for that.
Go ahead and punch Davis in

LMAO at Gobert as an all star, Dude was EXPOSED in the Olympics

Hayward, Please he is an allright player but not a star and this is the ALL STAR game

Favors has the best shot of any Jazz player. Since Timmy retired that's going open up that spot that has usually been reserved for him for past decade plus. Yes I know he didn't make it this year. Even still Favors has the best shot but will need some players to be injured.imo to make it
Blake Griffin
Towns
Deandre Jordan
Anthony Davis
Boogie Cousins
and know im missing a few who are better players then Favors at this current time.

Still some good big guys in the league

lillard had a better record last year then the Jazz and will again this year because he is a star. Find it funny people rip on the kings so much here and hey they deserve the ripping but still looking at the final standings from last year they were right behind the Jazz... Some of you going be so disappointed when season ends and you are chasing one of them last playoffs spots... YOu guys are to big of homers and don't look at it neutral. Heck I even rip my own teams in sports when I see they are not up to par. Jazz fans remind me of Denver Broncos fans minus the fact the Broncos have actually won a couple chips... Both fans whiney and over the top thinking they are better then they are,. Like Broncos fans thinking the defense they had last year is best of all time. Just like how people here think Quinn is a good coach and Gobert a top center. Look at Gobert in Olypmics, he was exposed

I think ncoloradojazz is a good poster when he's not trolling but saying someone got exposed in the Olympics is stupid...so did Draymond get exposed as well? What about Jimmy Butler?

You wouldn't punch Harden in?lol

That sghows the idiots that roam around here. Dude was second in MVP 2 years ago and is one of the best scorers in the game.. This just shows the idiots that post here.. Heck even with a team that was in turmoil and had to deal with egos like Howard and Ty Lawson Harden still got the Rockets to the playoffs. Did yall white wonder bread Hayward do this? Anyone that doesn't think Harden is a shoe in for ASG minus an injury really needs to not comment on bball because you are an idiot period.

So and tired of some of you CLOWNs around here..Rockets made playoffs last year and Jazz did not but yet the Jazz are the better team.. Some of you are just plain stupid when it comes to bball or blind. Which one is it? Serious Farmer you are the biggest moron on here for your statement. Stop watching bball because it is to complicated for you or Watch bball but not comment on it because the game is to advance for your simple brain.

I think ncoloradojazz is a good poster when he's not trolling but saying someone got exposed in the Olympics is stupid...so did Draymond get exposed as well? What about Jimmy Butler?

Diffrenst situation. I read an article FROM A JAZZ FAN about Rudy performance in RIO and dude agree with me

Just ignore him when he is trolling.

Just ignore him when he is trolling.

I usually do but I don't think he was trolling I think he believes that, I don't mind going back and forth with the guy but once name calling comes out I'm done (not that it affects me, I just can't take name callers serious.)