Kevin Pelton's take - Jazz got an A-

The Midnight

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Pistons got a C.

OKC got a D.

What do you guys think?

Utah Jazz: A-

I've long believed the Jazz would move Kanter before the deadline because the front office doesn't value his skills as highly as the market. The question was whether a good return would materialize. Lo and behold, Utah got the first-rounder it could reasonably expect in return plus a few other goodies.

Because Oklahoma City traded its first-round pick (top-18 protected) to Cleveland (and then Denver, and now Philadelphia), the Jazz won't see this pick until two years after that trade is complete -- 2017 at the earliest. In the meantime, Utah can get an extended look at Jerrett. A true stretch 4 has been Dennis Lindsey's white whale since arriving in Salt Lake City, with the 2013 second-round pick the latest effort. Jerrett has played just 26 minutes in the NBA (and is a cover-your-eyes 1-of-13 on 3-pointers during that span), but he's shot a more respectable 38.1 percent in the D-League. Even if he doesn't work out, Jerrett comes at a bargain price of less than a million dollars next season, a major savings as compared to Novak. (He also has two non-guaranteed seasons tacked on to the end of his contract.)

The Jazz also get Pleiss, who's not your typical international player thrown into a deadline deal simply to satisfy the requirements that both teams get something. Pleiss has real value; the Thunder tried to bring him to the NBA this season, per Yahoo! Sports, and planned to do so this summer when his buyout becomes less prohibitive. He projects as a possible backup center based on translated European stats. Perkins was strictly part of this deal for salary-matching purposes, and ESPN's Royce Young reports that he will be waived by Utah.

Not surprising, Pelton has previously said on a podcast the Jazz shouldn't offer him anything.
I'd grade it a B- myself.

It's funny that kanter puts up numbers but by all the metrics that measure team performance he sucks

Pelton has captured my thoughts very well. I think we did very well and the only thing that spoils the deal a bit is the heavy protection on the pick, but in general I think it was a great value for the situation we were into.

Pelton has captured my thoughts very well. I think we did very well and the only thing that spoils the deal a bit is the heavy protection on the pick, but in general I think it was a great value for the situation we were into.

Yeah me too.. that lottery protection is risky... I'd hate for it to turn into x2 second rounders.

Yeah me too.. that lottery protection is risky... I'd hate for it to turn into x2 second rounders.

I think we will materialize it into a player before the time comes for that... It will probably be used in a trade or in a draft position swap...

Sorry but it is hard to judge a trade right after it happens, however I give the Jazz a C. The draft pick is better than nothing but the protection makes it less exciting.

I think we will materialize it into a player before the time comes for that... It will probably be used in a trade or in a draft position swap...

Would be amazing if we can somehow turn our #6 pick (let's just say) and this OKC pick to get into the top #4 and grab one of D'Angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay.

#Hello_Playoffs

You know you're desperate when you're citing Gordon Monson's basketball expertise. Trade was fine.

Kelly Dwyer Yahoo Sports
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/grading-the-2015-nba-trade-deadline-010700022.html
Utah Jazz

Received: Kendrick Perkins, first-round pick, second-round pick.

Traded: Enes Kanter, Steve Novak

In context that includes the entire franchise history, turning a top-three overall pick who puts up great per-minute stats into an expiring contract and potential first-round pick from a very good Thunder team is a bum move. Kanter was drafted in 2011 and never quite fit in with (read: he was terrible alongside) Derrick Favors, but you’d like to get a little bit more out of this, right?

For the purpose of Thursday alone? There just wasn’t much the Jazz could do. They weren’t going to throw big money at Kanter when he hits restricted free agency this summer just to watch him struggle next to Favors. That was probably the case even prior to Rudy Gobert’s emergence, and any little bit helps. Even if it’s just a guy in Perkins that you’re going to waive, and unappealing draft picks.

Grade: C

There's a lot of people on here who like him, but I've always considered Monson to be a Grade-A idiot.

He said that in Hayward we are paying for a Ferrari and getting a Buick...

I love it when peoples see Kanter's per minute stats, inferring that he's being restricted, and expanding his role on a team would bring THESE stats forward!!

Uhh guys, he's started for this entire season.

The reason we don't play him more is because WE ****ING BLEED POINTS for every second that he's on defense.

Teams would literally organize their offense around exploiting the Burke/Kanter P&R defense

Citing good per minute stats and ignoring the fact that he makes the team terrible according to other statistics is just silly.