What's new

Kings and Grant Napear part ways over All Lives Matter comment..

Game6Conley

Their play-by-play guy since 1988...

1ktXkXD.png

I've always hated listening to this dudes broadcasts... He's so full of himself, very preachy. He loves to talk about the refs and play devils advocate for them even in the face of confirming replays.

Doug Christie is actually a pretty good analyst for someone new and I'm glad hes not gonna be stuck next to Grant.

He's also been fired from his radio station job, which im sure was one of the most unpleasant radio sports broadcasts on our airwaves, and i never even heard it just have such a low opinion of the dude im sure its preachy trash.

ZZyN9yA.png

He's also been fired from his radio station job, which im sure was one of the most unpleasant radio sports broadcasts on our airwaves, and i never even heard it just have such a low opinion of the dude im sure its preachy trash.

ZZyN9yA.png
I would listen occasionally on my drive home... I live near Sac... he was trash... like a homeless mans jim Rome. So confrontational and idiot callers would regularly checkmate him or call him on his inconsistencies. Awful on the broadcast... I never got it.

so glad he’s canceled... he’s a super douche.

Had some guests over the other day. We ate a pie I made for desert.

"Do you like the pie? It's a blackberry pie." I asked one of my guests.

"I like all pies!" They responded.

"Yeah sure, pie is good, but do you like this pie? I made it myself." I asked again.

"I don't know why you want to act like this is the only pie that is is good. All pies are good! I like ALL PIES! This pie isn't any better than any other pie!" They were actually getting a bit heated about this. It was weird.

"I'm not saying this is the only good pie, I just wanted to know if you liked the pie I made."

"I'm not going to say that! I'm not going to disrespect all other pies just so you can think your pie is the only one that is good." They were starting to talk really loud and everyone else stopped talking and started looking at us.

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't make pie very often and I just wanted to know if I did a good job on this blackberry pie." I tried to calm things down a bit.

"Blueberry pies are good!" They exclaimed while puffing out their chest and sitting up extra high.

"Wait, I'm confused. You take offense to saying my blackberry pie is good because you say all pies are good and we shouldn't single out just one kind of pie because that makes it sound like we're saying all the other pies aren't good, but now you're telling me blueberry pies are good? So are blueberry pies better than other pies?"

"All pies are good! All Pies are good!"

"But you can't or won't say my blackberry pie is good? And you WILL say that blueberry pies are good?" I had no idea what was even going on anymore.

"All pies are good!"

"So are blackberry pies good, too?"

"All pies are good! I like all pies!"

"But you refuse to say that blackberry pies are good?"

"I said all pies are good! What more do you want? Why are you being such a selfish jerk about your pie? What you think your pie is better than a blueberry pie?"

"Alright man, I tried. I think you should probably leave, you're not being very reasonable, or respectful for that matter." I stood and started walking towards the door to open it for them. They got up in a huff, gathered their things and came towards the door. Just as they were walking out they said:

"I hate blackberry pies. They're nasty. They need to stay away from all the rest of the pies and especially blueberry pies!"

"Holy **** man! If you hate blackberry pies just say so. No need to go on about how all pies are good when you actually don't like all pies, you don't like the blackberry ones. What the hell were you going on about this entire time? You're a weird as dude and you're not welcome here anymore." I closed the door and shook my head.

Had some guests over the other day. We ate a pie I made for desert.

"Do you like the pie? It's a blackberry pie." I asked one of my guests.

"I like all pies!" They responded.

"Yeah sure, pie is good, but do you like this pie? I made it myself." I asked again.

"I don't know why you want to act like this is the only pie that is is good. All pies are good! I like ALL PIES! This pie isn't any better than any other pie!" They were actually getting a bit heated about this. It was weird.

"I'm not saying this is the only good pie, I just wanted to know if you liked the pie I made."

"I'm not going to say that! I'm not going to disrespect all other pies just so you can think your pie is the only one that is good." They were starting to talk really loud and everyone else stopped talking and started looking at us.

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't make pie very often and I just wanted to know if I did a good job on this blackberry pie." I tried to calm things down a bit.

"Blueberry pies are good!" They exclaimed while puffing out their chest and sitting up extra high.

"Wait, I'm confused. You take offense to saying my blackberry pie is good because you say all pies are good and we shouldn't single out just one kind of pie because that makes it sound like we're saying all the other pies aren't good, but now you're telling me blueberry pies are good? So are blueberry pies better than other pies?"

"All pies are good! All Pies are good!"

"But you can't or won't say my blackberry pie is good? And you WILL say that blueberry pies are good?" I had no idea what was even going on anymore.

"All pies are good!"

"So are blackberry pies good, too?"

"All pies are good! I like all pies!"

"But you refuse to say that blackberry pies are good?"

"I said all pies are good! What more do you want? Why are you being such a selfish jerk about your pie? What you think your pie is better than a blueberry pie?"

"Alright man, I tried. I think you should probably leave, you're not being very reasonable, or respectful for that matter." I stood and started walking towards the door to open it for them. They got up in a huff, gathered their things and came towards the door. Just as they were walking out they said:

"I hate blackberry pies. They're nasty. They need to stay away from all the rest of the pies and especially blueberry pies!"

"Holy **** man! If you hate blackberry pies just say so. No need to go on about how all pies are good when you actually don't like all pies, you don't like the blackberry ones. What the hell were you going on about this entire time? You're a weird as dude and you're not welcome here anymore." I closed the door and shook my head.

Is this supposed to be funny?

Is he the dude that would say or had the catch phrase something like "if you don't like that you don't like NBA basketball"

Is he the dude that would say or had the catch phrase something like "if you don't like that you don't like NBA basketball"
Yes... they also made up incredibly cheesy nicknames for players... Bibbilicious for Mike Bibby. He was okay as an announcer I guess, but his radio show was complete trash.

He's the guy that says, " If you don't like that you don't like NBA basketball," right?

I think these people make these comments cause they're not quite educated on the subject. I think they mean well and don't understand how hurtful it is to say - it's tone deaf.

I think it's crazy a guy that's been doing his job for 30 years would lose his job because of it. Why not make it a teaching opportunity rather than burning the witch?

He's the guy that says, " If you don't like that you don't like NBA basketball," right?

I think these people make these comments cause they're not quite educated on the subject. I think they mean well and don't understand how hurtful it is to say - it's tone deaf.

I think it's crazy a guy that's been doing his job for 30 years would lose his job because of it. Why not make it a teaching opportunity rather than burning the witch?
I think there were other issues. The dude is super agitated, aggressive, abrasive on his radio show... I'm guessing some of that has filtered to players and other employees. There was a story where several people/players were quoted as hating him for various reasons.