What's new

Kings to sign David Stockton (son of John) to 10 day contract

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Good on him. Here's hoping he helps our tank effort this year.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago
ESPN sources say Sacramento Kings planning to call up guard David Stockton from Reno Bighorns of @nbadleague to sign 10-day contract

Honestly I can't help but to genuinely hope for the best for him. Anyone loves a good Cinderella story in the NBA. Because he is the son of THE John Stockton I have to wish him the best. A lot of shorter players in the D-League never get a chance to play in the NBA. It would be great to see him do well and go further than a 10 day contract.

Honestly I can't help but to genuinely hope for the best for him. Anyone loves a good Cinderella story in the NBA. Because he is the son of THE John Stockton I have to wish him the best. A lot of shorter players in the D-League never get a chance to play in the NBA. It would be great to see him do well and go further than a 10 day contract.

And who better as your first NBA coach than George Karl ??? Also playing behind Andre Miller??? It's a dream come true.

And who better as your first NBA coach than George Karl ??? Also playing behind Andre Miller??? It's a dream come true.

I didn't say it was a perfect situation, I said I wished him the best. I know this is going to be hard, but read before you respond. Do you need pictures and flash cards perhaps??

I didn't say it was a perfect situation, I said I wished him the best. I know this is going to be hard, but read before you respond. Do you need pictures and flash cards perhaps??

What I meant about playing behind Miller was that he'd get a lot out of just watching him train/play/work, may be a bit of mentoring as well.

Impressive. Never thought I would see that. Probably aren't a ton of walkon to NBA stories out there. I always thought he made Gonzaga worse than they could've been when they tried to play small ball with him, but he is quick, and annoying in a Patrick Beverly type of way. Being a major pest on the court can get you to the NBA apparently.

I'm optimistic that just having George Karl coaching instead of Ty will be more than enough to help the tank.