What's new

Kings willing to deal Stauskas

QuinSnydersHair

I'm very interested as I think he could be the sharpshooter that we sorely need and that teams with rings have. I always thought highly of him. Good size. More than just a spot up shooter. Good handle. Plus a trade here would reunite him with Beilein which could do wonders. Let's face it. Ty couldn't teach a dog to sit.

Thoughts?

Let's face it. If the FO knows they aren't going to re-sign Kanter, this could be a smart move. Stauskas makes <3M for a few more years. The question is would the Kings do it since Kanter is a RFA.

Who would have to throw something extra into the pot?

I'd rather do Novak and the GS pick for him though I doubt that's enough. This would allow us to keep Kanter and possibly match on him, continuing to stockpile talent.

I like the idea.

This has already been posted and discussed in a few threads down 'Trade idea'

Get Stauskas. Think he could be a shot in the arm for our long term success if he panned out

Let's say Stauskas becomes what many thought he would. And Burke continues to improve. AND Exum improves. And we re-sign Kanter and he learns to play d.

Burke-Exum
Burks-Stauskas
Hayward-Hood
Favors-Booker
Gobert-Kanter
Our 2015 1st rounder
Oour other 1st runners + additional picks

That's a lot of freakin' assets.

Let's say Stauskas becomes what many thought he would. And Burke continues to improve. AND Exum improves. And we re-sign Kanter and he learns to play d.

Burke-Exum
Burks-Stauskas
Hayward-Hood
Favors-Booker
Gobert-Kanter
Our 2015 1st rounder
Oour other 1st runners + additional picks

That's a lot of freakin' assets.

doubt we'd get him without losing one of either kanter, burke, or the 2015 pick

Weren't they so high on him? With that mini-documentary they released about draft day, with all those 'experts' lined up with their GM and and their owner making a case for who they thought they should pick.
Losers.

I like the idea.

This has already been posted and discussed in a few threads down 'Trade idea'

I probably should have been more specific in my title there... I guess this thread is a more general one though.

1. Anyone remember Jon Diebler or Jimmer Fredette? I'm not saying this guy WILL wash out, but most players don't translate to the NBA.
2. How the hell could Sacramento want Kanter and Cousins on the same team? If your answer is "because they're the Kings and their owner is a ****ing maniac," then good point.
3. Stauskas? Stauskas? Stauskas.

Weren't they so high on him? With that mini-documentary they released about draft day, with all those 'experts' lined up with their GM and and their owner making a case for who they thought they should pick.
Losers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEN6ad_Aw-M

Made me cringe when the owner was pushing Stauskas so hard.

Weird how Stauskas was really popular before. But now that the season is half over and hasn't blown up, people want to write him off.

If you have been paying attention at all to the NBA, you would know that Stauskas is just in a position where he isn't being given much opportunity.

Don't y'all remember when we played Sacramento? He got in for a few minutes and looked pretty good.

His lack of playing time thus far is not a reason to believe he isn't good anymore.

Besides, if you want to be successful in trading, then you gotta know how to buy low, and be smart enough to take a calculated risk. Trading for a player at his peak and paying over full price is dumb. You don't wait til Stauskas proves his worth. By then the price will have gone through the roof and you probably won't even be able to trade for him

Asset trading 101