What's new

Knicks vs Cavs 1st Round Series (Mitchell Getting *** Whooped by Brunson Season 2)

The Knicks from late 3rd to late 4th scored 15 points in 13 minutes. They straight up stopped running any semblance of offense.

They're lucky they're playing against Donovan Mitchell instead of a guy who actually shows up in big moments. If ANYBODY has any part of them that wishes we hadn't traded Mitchell, this series should put those wishes to bed.

I honestly don't understand what I'm watching. The Cavs have looked listless in a game within reach. They let the Knicks dribble the ball out, then dribble the ball out themselves in an elimination game? EMPTY THE CLIP, WHAT IS THERE LEFT TO LOSE?

Felt like I was watching the Jazz last playoffs. Embarrassing from top to bottom. My god.

mitchell bounced 1st round
gobert bounced 1st round
the jazz got how many picks?
Seven basically unprotected. Plus two rookies (so arguably NINE). AND 2.5 swaps (technically three, but they can only get two of them). And half of a top-4 protected Laker pick far out. Let's just say ~12 picks.

Plus Lauri and THT.

The Knicks from late 3rd to late 4th scored 15 points in 13 minutes. They straight up stopped running any semblance of offense.

They're lucky they're playing against Donovan Mitchell instead of a guy who actually shows up in big moments. If ANYBODY has any part of them that wishes we hadn't traded Mitchell, this series should put those wishes to bed.
He deserved to be built around. We never built around him and never played to his strengths.

Not gonna lie, I really thought this series was going to be much much more competitive.
Me too. Just goes to show regular season success doesn't always mean playoff success. The Knicks have 10 solid players and tons of athletes. That's the perfect match-up against a team with 2 offensive weapons and not any perimeter defenders.

Cavs looked kind of like us a few years ago when we had Favors and Rudy. Hard to find space when two guys can't shoot. Knicks hounded Don and Garland closing their lanes. Mobley and Allen were borderline worthless especially when they don't secure rebounds. Knicks had like 20 offensive rebounds tonight.

I hope the Knicks go far. It's a good story. The Cavs should trade Allen asap and develop Mobley as a freak match-up center. It won't work against Philly, but would against everybody else.

Livestream of Danny Ainge right now:

giphy.gif

Seven basically unprotected. Plus two rookies (so arguably NINE). AND 2.5 swaps (technically three, but they can only get two of them). And half of a top-4 protected Laker pick far out. Let's just say ~12 picks.

Plus Lauri and THT.

plus don't forget one of the teams owing us is already in almighty turmoil

We should offer Cleveland all of their picks back for Garland when Donovan asks for a trade.