What's new

KO

Doc Cherno

I totally groaned when the Jazz picked up KO. He had been one of my least favorite players since college. But like Clarkson, I have totally come around to appreciating both his game and his team-energy. I'm seeing Hoopshype and others saying there's a lot of interest from other teams for him. I would much prefer to keep him on the team unless we're getting some next-level talent. When the team is clicking the way it was against Dallas (who obviously spent the night before ringing in the New Year with 6.0 beer they snuck in on the plane) I'd much rather keep most of our current roster, let the wains develop and look forward to the next few drafts. I realize KO's contract, so y'all can leave off slagging me about how soon he might be gone anyway. Just interested in gauging the board's desire to keep him around if it could be worked out.

not getting next level talent for KO period. nor do i think you give away for a mid second round pick. target a young player with potential still on rookie contract and be prepared to add someone like THT. the key to any trade now is youth and potential

I totally groaned when the Jazz picked up KO. He had been one of my least favorite players since college. But like Clarkson, I have totally come around to appreciating both his game and his team-energy. I'm seeing Hoopshype and others saying there's a lot of interest from other teams for him. I would much prefer to keep him on the team unless we're getting some next-level talent. When the team is clicking the way it was against Dallas (who obviously spent the night before ringing in the New Year with 6.0 beer they snuck in on the plane) I'd much rather keep most of our current roster, let the wains develop and look forward to the next few drafts. I realize KO's contract, so y'all can leave off slagging me about how soon he might be gone anyway. Just interested in gauging the board's desire to keep him around if it could be worked out.
Well him being a sought after guy also makes him that much greater of a flight risk when he hits FA. I dont know where Kelly stands and whether he would rather be here, but if he is "unsure", then I would just trade him now.

If I knew I could retain him I would, but in this stage of the rebuild its not wise to run down contracts that are desirable on the market.

He can be painful to watch defensively sometimes, but he's a great facilitator. I'd prefer to extend him in the summer, and if we're trading him it has to be for some young talent (like Cy's JC/KO for Moody/CP3), since there's no way anyone gives up a FRP.

Well him being a sought after guy also makes him that much greater of a flight risk when he hits FA. I dont know where Kelly stands and whether he would rather be here, but if he is "unsure", then I would just trade him now.

If I knew I could retain him I would, but in this stage of the rebuild its not wise to run down contracts that are desirable on the market.
Pay him money you will retain him, not that hard to figure out.

Also extending KO this year for like 1 year like we did Ingles would be a much better option than John Collins as a placeholder for the star trade some think Collins contract will help with.

I love KO's game and hope he sticks around. I was very surprised about the number of people on another thread who said they did not like watching him play. I love watching guys with great IQ play the game and blend in a way that is really helpful.

I love KO's game and hope he sticks around. I was very surprised about the number of people on another thread who said they did not like watching him play. I love watching guys with great IQ play the game and blend in a way that is really helpful.
They are the Walker Kessler stans who think he should get 40 mpg.

He's been picking up a bit on the energy side- he went through a stretch where it wasn't just matador defense, he wasn't blocking out and letting the other team get contestable rebounds. Zero energy.

His facilitating prowess isn't enough to overcome being such a huge negative on the defensive end. But lately he's been putting some zest in on the defensive side and really keeping the offense humming on that side and made himself a plus player overall.

Hope he continues his current run and finds the energy to compete on both ends.