What's new

Kobe Bryant fined $100,000 for gay slur

Your mother must be proud.

My mother, a very successful woman, grew up in a time where such behavior was completely shameful and embarassing. She is completely and utterly disgusted that it is embraced in today's generation. Damn right she's proud. And you should leave her out of it.

I will say this though, of all the people that I don't like, gays are the best because they can't reproduce. Although the ones who adopt and corrupt children and horrible monsters.

Considering I've seen Kevin Garnett say this more than a couple times during a game, I find the fine nothing more than corporate masturbation.

My mother, a very successful woman, grew up in a time where such behavior was completely shameful and embarassing. She is completely and utterly disgusted that it is embraced in today's generation. Damn right she's proud. And you should leave her out of it.

I will say this though, of all the people that I don't like, gays are the best because they can't reproduce. Although the ones who adopt and corrupt children and horrible monsters.

I hope you have gay children. (which would mean you'd actually have to get your carrot wet, which is as likely as me tapping Kim Kardashian's fart box)

p.s. Stop trying to be coy, your mom was a hooker -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

Is sloanfeld actually serious when he says all his ridiculous things, looking for a reaction, or a combo?

Is sloanfeld actually serious when he says all his ridiculous things, looking for a reaction, or a combo?

doesn't matter, he's equally pathetic whether he's just an attention whore, truly believes even half of what he writes, or any combination of these or any other factors

I can think for myself, unlike many of you who just follow the cosensus to fit in. I'm not here to make friends like some of you pathetic fools.

In fact, I'm actually trying to help you fools make up for your irrational throughts and poor upbringings, but you don't listen. Me posting on this board is charity work.

No fine and no punishment. So stupid, this PC **** now....now the Lakers are working with Glaad? Pathetic...
As usual, the vocal monority PC police must all thump their chests saying how horrible this is. Pppplease.

No fine and no punishment. So stupid, this PC **** now....now the Lakers are working with Glaad? Pathetic...
As usual, the vocal monority PC police must all thump their chests saying how horrible this is. Pppplease.

Wait. Whats your argument here? You anti-PC'ers always confuse me. Do you want to have the right to call black folks the N-word or gay people the F-word? You still have that right. You can say whatever it is that your little heart desires. But remember, just because you have freedom of speech does not mean you have freedom from consequence.

I think society is better off without some words in it's lexicon...you dont.

Wait. Whats your argument here? You anti-PC'ers always confuse me. Do you want to have the right to call black folks the N-word or gay people the F-word? You still have that right. You can say whatever it is that your little heart desires. But remember, just because you have freedom of speech does not mean you have freedom from consequence.

I think society is better off without some words in it's lexicon...you dont.

the bigger question here, imo, is whether or not we can change attitudes (albeit slowly) by changing our vocabulary....

the idealist in me likes to think that over time, if hateful words are removed from daily usage, it will have at least a small positive effect in attitudes...
the realist in me unfortunately thinks that's an unrealistic pipe dream...
but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try

the realist in me also realizes that there can be a backlash, and things can be taken to such an extreme that we end up in a situation that's even worse, which may happen if too many think that political correctness is being taken too far

I agree with everything you've written Moe. I dont have children but if I did, I would hope that my actions in life fell on the side of making things better in our society...at least for them.

I dont have children but if I did, I would hope that my actions in life fell on the side of making things better in our society...at least for them.

Personal question for you, guy?

Is it because you're sterile (did I spell that right) or a virgin or the science > your opinion thing many suspect you of?

Personal question for you, guy?

Is it because you're sterile (did I spell that right) or a virgin or the science > your opinion thing many suspect you of?

Not that personal. I dont really like kids. I dont have the patience for their stupidity and whining. So I choose not to have them.

Also, you spelled the word correctly.

Not that personal. I dont really like kids. I dont have the patience for their stupidity and whining. So I choose not to have them.

Also, you spelled the word correctly.

Thanks, dude. You've been really, nice and patient lately. I commend you for it. But will you please log out of your account and log back in as your old, really mean, condescending, jerkish, snot nose self? If you can't I understand. It's hard to stoop to that level after we grow up. You've come a long ways, just not on height, guy.

Thanks, dude. You've been really, nice and patient lately. I commend you for it. But will you please log out of your account and log back in as your old, really mean, condescending, jerkish, snot nose self? If you can't I understand. It's hard to stoop to that level after we grow up. You've come a long ways, just not on height, guy.

Im not sure what you're referring to.

https://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2...-bullies-who-used-to-tease-my-friends-because

Kobe says he beat up bullies in HS who ‘used to tease my friends because they were gay’
Rick Chandler Apr 18, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
1 Comment

How did I miss this? Apparently, in high school, Kobe Bryant was some sort of avenging angel; a mixture of Superman and Robin Hood, who battled oppression in the halls, near the freshman lockers, in the lunch area, or wherever it occurred. Also, Kobe had many gay friends, whom he spent much of his waking hours defending with fists of fury. It’s all right here in his comments to ESPN’s Lisa Salters on Sunday. Concerning the gay-themed epithet he hurled at a ref last week:

“Even though I didn’t mean it that way, I’ve since learned what that word still means to a lot of people,” Bryant told Salter. “I went on-line myself and I did my own research and I saw and I read about kids who were committing suicide because of being teased for who they are. I don’t play that. I used to beat up a lot of kids even in high school who used to tease my friends because they were gay, or because they were black, or because they were Jewish, or because they were yellow, or because they were whatever. For people who don’t think my apology is sincere, they don’t know me. This isn’t over for me. I really plan to do more. What I said was ignorant and I really didn’t realize what I was saying. Now that I do and realize how it affects people I really plan to do more and to help with the awareness.”

So far, no former classmates who are yellow or Jewish have stepped forward to corroborate Kobe’s story. Perhaps there’s a black, gay, Jewish guy somewhere who owes Kobe his very life, and is only waiting for the right moment to reveal himself. Maybe for a book deal.

Forgive my cynicism, but I also doubt that Kobe ran home and got on the computer, hurriedly typing ‘f****** fa****’ on Google to do “research” (but sitting through the Charlie Chaplin movie first).

But I could be wrong.

Look, Kobe seems to be bending backwards (sorry) to make amends for his little fit, and that’s good … except that nowhere has this included an actual apology. You can skip all the high school flashback theatrics by just saying ‘I’m sorry, I was wrong, and it won’t happen again.’ That’s all anyone wants to hear.