What's new

kobe/magic/baylor/shaq/kareem vs. rose/mj/pippen/rodman/grant

MVP year Rose was great. This is close and I would never underestimate MJ. I just don't know how you stop Kareem and Shaq with Magic distributing. Also Shaq and Kareem protecting the basket. Kobe is an afterthought in that team, especially with MJ and Scottie taking turns locking him up. Only chance Bulls would have would be Kobe being Kobe.

Lol nobody seems to know who Elgin Baylor was on this board, but love anybody on that 90's Bulls team, so I would guess everyone would say Chicago.

Team A wins, especially if their bench has Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain.

MVP year Rose was great. This is close and I would never underestimate MJ. I just don't know how you stop Kareem and Shaq with Magic distributing. Also Shaq and Kareem protecting the basket. Kobe is an afterthought in that team, especially with MJ and Scottie taking turns locking him up. Only chance Bulls would have would be Kobe being Kobe.

....these games would NOT be close and the Laker team would win EVERY game by 20 or more points! You actually think a team with offensively challenged Rodman and Horace Grant could contend with that Laker squad? If you pulled Elgin Baylor off that team and put Jerry West on it, they would win each game by 25-30 points!

shaq never mentioned the bench. this is 5 on 5.

team A has some issues.

1. defensively they are little slow. they are playing against a small ball team.

2. shaq/kareem twin tower - this is a scary combo on offense, but i'm just not sure if they will have a right chemistry. can kareem play PF? spacings could be an issue.

3. too many alpha - maybe it's just me, kobe is just too alpha. how will he take 3rd banana role?

4. baylor - yes he was great. but he was great in 60's. IMO, he was a prequel to charles barkley. i just don't know how he will fit in this team. what's his role? he won't be a scoring option. he was never known for great defense. i see pippen neutralizing him with his length and quickness.

remember team B played together for a long time except rose. they know each other. this is MJ's team. everything goes through MJ. and they just upgraded a PG with d. rose. i know rodman and grant didn't play together, but they will be fine together. they know their role. honestly rodman/grant will stand toe to toe against shaq/kareem in terms of rebounding.

having said all that team A has too much offense. they will win most likely as long as they don't try to kill each other.

having said all that team A has too much offense. they will win most likely as long as they don't try to kill each other.

...we also failed to address who has the "smarter" ball players! Rodman was a dumb as a rock...and Rose even dumber! That Bull's team would average 20 turnovers a game, shoot less than 40% and lose by 20 every game!

....these games would NOT be close and the Laker team would win EVERY game by 20 or more points! You actually think a team with offensively challenged Rodman and Horace Grant could contend with that Laker squad? If you pulled Elgin Baylor off that team and put Jerry West on it, they would win each game by 25-30 points!
Jerry West wouldn't score on Pippen.

Jerry West wouldn't score on Pippen.

....you think West didn't know how to utilize a "pick" or a "screen?" What basketball planet are you from....Antarctica? Besides, if Pippen covered West, who's going to cover Kobe? And then who's gonna cover Magic Johnson? And then you still have to deal with the only player in NBA history who was "unstoppable!" The Kareem "sky hook!" Jordan and his pals would be waving the white flag before half-time!

...we also failed to address who has the "smarter" ball players! Rodman was a dumb as a rock...and Rose even dumber! That Bull's team would average 20 turnovers a game, shoot less than 40% and lose by 20 every game!

rodman is a winner. and he was smart as hell. but he doesn't need to be smart. and when 5 guys are all smart that's actually not good for the team. he just have to do his job. just bother shaq. grab kareem's balls. just do his job and make them angry.

....you think West didn't know how to utilize a "pick" or a "screen?" What basketball planet are you from....Antarctica? Besides, if Pippen covered West, who's going to cover Kobe? And then who's gonna cover Magic Johnson? And then you still have to deal with the only player in NBA history who was "unstoppable!" The Kareem "sky hook!" Jordan and his pals would be waving the white flag before half-time!

MJ will shadow kobe and bother him. MJ's will only want kobe. Magic? D rose. magic always had a problem with playing against fast small guards.

problem is the shaq and kareem's offense.

shaq never mentioned the bench. this is 5 on 5.

team A has some issues.

1. defensively they are little slow. they are playing against a small ball team.

2. shaq/kareem twin tower - this is a scary combo on offense, but i'm just not sure if they will have a right chemistry. can kareem play PF? spacings could be an issue.

3. too many alpha - maybe it's just me, kobe is just too alpha. how will he take 3rd banana role?

4. baylor - yes he was great. but he was great in 60's. IMO, he was a prequel to charles barkley. i just don't know how he will fit in this team. what's his role? he won't be a scoring option. he was never known for great defense. i see pippen neutralizing him with his length and quickness.

remember team B played together for a long time except rose. they know each other. this is MJ's team. everything goes through MJ. and they just upgraded a PG with d. rose. i know rodman and grant didn't play together, but they will be fine together. they know their role. honestly rodman/grant will stand toe to toe against shaq/kareem in terms of rebounding.

I'm not sure Rose is an upgrade at PG though. Those Bulls teams had PG that could shoot to give Jordan space and options. Rose doesn't play well off of the ball and he's a poor shooter. The Lakers win.
I'd replace Kobe with Jerry West. Might be my bias against Kobe, but I think Jerry fits into the team and helps with chemistry while Kobe doesn't.

I feel like the Bulls would be better off starting Rodman or Longley at the 5 and maybe putting Kukoc at the 4, going small ball.

Or maybe Rose-Kerr-Jordan-Pippen-Rodman. Small ball but the master two guys were so good on d, they could maybe pull it off. Either way, Shaq trying to defend Pippen on the perimeter would be a laugh.