What's new

kobe or bron?

Fabtrey

who's better?

i had a big debate with a major kobe homer. apparently bron will not touch kobe because he only has '2' rings.

anybody taking kobe over bron? i honestly thought this argument was already over. apparently not. most of dudes at my local Y still favors kobe.

The closest comp to Lebron is Baylor, imo. I would take LBJ over Baylor but the gap isn't as big as most people probably think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFtPFExLLMI

Kobe was a better player unless Lebron steps it up the next couple years but even then in their prime Kobe was better.

Lebron will blow away all of Kobes career basketball stats, rebounds, steals, assists, with a good chance of passing Kobe in total career points as well! Will he get 5 rings like Kobe? Possible but not probable....unless he can sneak in this years championship over the Warriors! Lebron is bigger, stronger, taller, smarter, can jump higher, play better defense...it will just be the number of Championships that is in question.

I'm surprised it's even a discussion. Lebron is better of course.

how far did kobe play without shaq or gasol? first round exit. i will take bron

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Lebron has won without all-stars next to him? He has only won when he formed his own "dream team" in Miami. Plus he lost with his dream team in the finals. How many championship series did Kobe lose?

Sorry stats dont really mean much to me. Kobe and Lebron could put up way better numbers and even win more than Jordan but they are not better. The same for Kobe and Lebron for me. Kobe had an elite way of stepping up when really needed and won when the crunch was on. Kobe was unstoppable in this league in his prime when he needed to win. Lebron is putting up a good fight in this series but just stat stuffing the last couple games. Kobe would be guarding Curry if he was playing this game at the end of every quarter and when he got hot. Lebron doesnt have the desire that other greats had, he just likes to pimp himself after losses and complain about how he was treated in the game.

LeBron for me because he seems to be a good teammate compared to Kobe.

Would I rather play on a team with LeBron, and go 2 for 6 in the Finals than play on a team with Kobe and go 5 for 7 in the Finals? As a player, LeBron. As a fan, it's all about the rings baby. Kobe. WTF is going on in my life.

i had a big debate with a major kobe homer. apparently bron will not touch kobe because he only has '2' rings.

Last I checked, the NBA game is a team sport and NOT tennis. Rings matter, sure, but those rings come at the benefit of having fantastic teammates. What Lebron is accomplishing right now is ****ing mind blowing.

This came out 2 years ago. So basically Bron added 2 years of clutch moments on top of this stat

Post Season; a shot to tie or take the lead

Last 24 seconds
Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%)
LeBron: 7 for 17 (41.1%)

Last 30 seconds
Kobe: 7 for 28 (25.0%) (0 for 8 from the 09 post season till 2013)
LeBron: 9 for 19 (47.30%)

Last 2 minutes
Kobe: 17 for 50 (34%) (0 for 8 in the last two playoffs; 2010 and 2011)
LeBron: 21 for 43 (48.8%)

Last 5 minutes
Kobe (since 01 season): 30 for 88 (34.09%)
LeBron: (since 06 season): 36 for 74 (48.6%)

i think kobe was very clutch for 6-7 year span, but he slowed down. he became too caught up in 'i'm clutch, i'm the hero'.

i love kobe. i actually do. i just enjoy watching 'almost MJ'. but IMO kobe's shot selection was terrible 2nd half of his career. i love the way he played because he was a warrior and he wanted to prove people wrong, but sometimes i feel like he put himself above the team.

Bron? i think his lack of jump shooting ability hurt him early. and he was too pass happy. but for past 4-5 years, he was a man on a mission. it's mindboggling to see how he carries a franchise. there are some flaws in his game, but who doesn't? bron is very close to a perfect player.

but i do enjoy watching kobe more. i like kobe's style.

Last I checked, the NBA game is a team sport and NOT tennis. Rings matter, sure, but those rings come at the benefit of having fantastic teammates. What Lebron is accomplishing right now is ****ing mind blowing.

to be fair kobe was awesome in shaq/kobe era. yes, it was shaq's team, but kobe was great too. you could even say that kobe was the greatest robin ever in this history.

but yeah kobe's 5 > bron's 2 is kinda retarded. i mean imagine young bron having prime shaq playing next to him. ouch.

only Magic made players around him better than bron. honestly, kobe not elevating scrubs around him is not a knock on kobe. everybody plays differently. and kobe's personality kills scrubs. i mean he was just like MJ. he destroys scrubs mentally. it's kinda hard to play with guys like kobe unless you are a competitor. kobe basically doesn't trust his teammates and start jacking up 35 shots. that's what happened basically. 1 on 5 basketball. hero ball won't get you deep in the playoffs for sure.

on the other hand, bron is a 'lover'. he's always been a pass first guy, so it's natural for him to make others better. it's kinda fun playing with bron. but at the same time, your stat line will take a major hit if you are a star. bosh was that guy - 24/12 guy who demands double team, but bron made him nothing but a decent stretch 4. kevin love? took a major stat hit. would bosh thrive with prime kobe? would love do better with kobe? i don't know. but when kobe had somebody to work with he won championships.

basically my point is some dudes are great at playing with scrubs, some don't. and IMO, this has more to do with a basketball personality/playing style then basketball ability. i bet even guys like cp3 would be better than kobe at playing with scrubs and taking the team to playoffs.

LOL!

Kobe?

He's a better version of Vince Carter. Ok ok that might be too harsh. But Kobe is a tier lower than Lebron and Jordan. I might even throw Timmy into that top tier.

Lebron is a mix of the GOAT and Magic. This finals performance of his cements him as #2. If he somehow comes back to win I'll gladly give him the GOAT title. Kobe would have been swept and poured in game 4. I don't think even the GOAT would've survived this series. Not with your alternative options being Mosgov, Delly, and JR Smith.

What Lebron is doing is like that player I created in 2k would have done. It's not his fault his dumbass GM traded wiggins for Love or passed up on a Faves and Exum trade. It's not his fault Kelly Olenick is an idiot or that Kyrie is made of glass.

LOL!

Kobe?

He's a better version of Vince Carter. Ok ok that might be too harsh. But Kobe is a tier lower than Lebron and Jordan. I might even throw Timmy into that top tier.

Lebron is a mix of the GOAT and Magic. This finals performance of his cements him as #2. If he somehow comes back to win I'll gladly give him the GOAT title. Kobe would have been swept and poured in game 4. I don't think even the GOAT would've survived this series. Not with your alternative options being Mosgov, Delly, and JR Smith.

What Lebron is doing is like that player I created in 2k would have done. It's not his fault his dumbass GM traded wiggins for Love or passed up on a Faves and Exum trade. It's not his fault Kelly Olenick is an idiot or that Kyrie is made of glass.

if 'making others better' is a criteria then IMO magic #1, bron #2. tha's a good argument on its own. i have no problem with that. but like i said above, making others better / taking a bad team to a final - really is just a part of the argument for me. because IMO, MJ wasn't the greatest at making others better. i guess making others better really is bron's greatest strength. in kobe's point of view, it's not be all and end all argument because there are other arguments.

having said all that, i just think Bron did more and brought more uniqueness to this game. he just does everything so well. his shooting took a hit in this playoffs, but previously he was shooting very high %. and i just love his efficiency. kobe is not the most efficient player. many people find kobe and MJ similar, but MJ was efficient as hell. i just think bron is a total package. kobe might be a better scorer and if i need somebody to step up in 4th qtr, i'll probably take kobe. but i'll build a franchise around bron. and i have bron in my top 5 already. kobe is 8-10th ish.

I like Lebron better as a player and I think his game will age much better than Kobe's.

Here is a major point I like.

Lebron career ast = 6.9
Kobe career ast = 4.8

Lebron is clearly a better team player imo. Kobe clearly has a better killer instinct.

I like Lebron better as a player and I think his game will age much better than Kobe's.

Here is a major point I like.

Lebron career ast = 6.9
Kobe career ast = 4.8

Lebron is clearly a better team player imo. Kobe clearly has a better killer instinct.

i really think assist argument is just an apples and oranges comparison. kobe is asked to score. he is a prolific scorer. bron is also great at scoring too, but bron always has been pass first guy. what's amazing about bron is he passes first yet he still gets his 27-29pts average.

and i think it's all about mentality. MJ was asked to involve more guys in 89 season. in 2 months span he was averaging triple double. that year i think he was putting up 32/8/8. and MJ did that just to prove his point because he was perceived as a 'ballhog' 'selfish' player. kobe to does this time to time. i think hobbled kobe in past 2-3 seasons had a stretches where he was just looking to pass and not score. but result was same. a big L, and 18/10/10 kobe wasn't anymore effective than 28/5/5 kobe.

i think guys like kobe/MJ/harden/drexler/wade, etc, etc are classic 2 guards where they demand double team and score at will even though team spends hours of preparation of stopping them. i think bron is at his best where he just completely controls the offense and just pick and choose his shots. MJ/kobes are at their best when they are determined to score and just make defenses shiver in fear by attacking the defense.

Lebron and it's not even close.

The only argument Kobe homers spout out is number of titles, which is easily refuted by Robert Horry, etc. They're even in terms of Finals MVPs, so that tells you something. And Lebron might be ahead in that category even if he doesn't win the Championship this year.

I dont actually like either player. Personality wise I think they are both awful to be around or hear speak. Kobe got funny and more like-able the last few years but back in his prime... Every year I think Lebron is not as bad as I think because I have a few huge Lebron homer fans that talk him up and what a good guy he is then I watch him play or hear him talk and its the worse thing ever.

Players only want to play around Lebron and for that matter Kobe in his prime because they want to win. If they werent helping win championships no one wants to play with them. Look at Kobe the last 3 seasons.

That said this board is the worse place to ask this question because Jazz fans hate Lakers more than any other team. Jazz fans are used to making the argument about championships not mattering as much to justify how good a player is or is not about Stockton and Malone.

The only argument Kobe homers spout out is number of titles, which is easily refuted by Robert Horry, etc.

No it isnt.

A role player being on a series of of championship teams is not a good argument against Kobes titles, he was not a role player on those championships.

But if you think Lebron is better thats fine, I lean towards Kobe but in my mind its a decent argument.

Now those who compare Lebron to Jordan, I think that is a joke of an argument, disrespectful to Jordan. But we always like the current generation of players, what have you done for me lately.

I feel like prime Kobe would have had a better shot of beating the Warriors given the same team. Not saying he is a better player, but the lack of confidence James showed in his jumper throughout the finals was laughable.