What's new

Kobe wants to mentor Exum

DForceAUS

Contributor
Saw it in sportal here in AUS don't know if Im allowed to post a link (been in trouble before for doing that- unless Im thinking of wrong Jazz Forum)

I think this is great, the 3rd highest scorer in NBA history might be able to teach him a few things.

Saw it in sportal here in AUS don't know if Im allowed to post a link (been in trouble before for doing that- unless Im thinking of wrong Jazz Forum)
There are forums where you're not allowed to back up your comments with facts and where plagiarism is required? You hear that, CJ? They're calling your name cuz they're playing your game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The art of chucking. Dante joins the Dark Side.

You do know that Kobe averaged over 5 ast/game 11 different seasons, and has a career average of 4.8 ast/game. Dante, per36, averaged 3.9 ast/game (real numbers only 2.4 ast/game). Regardless, getting Dante to take more than 5 shots a game could be considered a major breakthrough.

Kobe is definitely not my favorite player or role model, but it would be a great opportunity for X regardless.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Kobe either, but how can anybody complain about this? This is awesome.

It will be much easier when Kobe joins coach q's staff next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do know that Kobe averaged over 5 ast/game 11 different seasons, and has a career average of 4.8 ast/game. Dante, per36, averaged 3.9 ast/game (real numbers only 2.4 ast/game). Regardless, getting Dante to take more than 5 shots a game could be considered a major breakthrough.

So what? Every play ran through him. He was practically the point guard, with Fisher averaging something like 2.5 AST a game. So Kobe's 5 AST is not exactly a monument for teamwork.

So what? Every play ran through him. He was practically the point guard, with Fisher averaging something like 2.5 AST a game. So Kobe's 5 AST is not exactly a monument for teamwork.

Yeah, you're right, Kobe was terrible. This is the worst idea ever. /sarcasm

Pretty sure the biggest complain on Exum was him looking timid and Kobe Bryant might be the least timid player in the history of the NBA. I doubt Kobe is going to be "mentoring" him. It will probably just be like a week long workout session where he workouts with him and talks to him, just a confidence booster knowing you worked out with Kobe. Maybe he can bring Lyles along and have him drool on himself.

Yeah, you're right, Kobe was terrible. This is the worst idea ever. /sarcasm

You must be some special kind of idiot to interpret my comment that way. It was a specific response to a specific claim. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would pick his brain as much as possible if I were Exum. Go to the point of annoying him. You know how Kobe is, he would definitely take Exum under his wing if he saw the same desire, drive, and love for the game he had. Whether you "like" Kobe or not, this would be huge for Dante.

I want to mentor Exum. Im positive i can increase his vertical from high school level to NBA. That is his biggest weakness and the reason he is so timid on drives. I am positive this is what Kobe wants to work with him so bad. What was he 26 inches at the columbine? I could get that up to 36 inches in a summer with his athleticism and young body. That would change him from a non-starter to a near all star. That is why Kobe wants to work with him. To take credit from Quin and riggle his way into the coaching circles.