What's new

KOC just wants to be perfect

Lion's Roar

I think KOC is just trying to be perfect. Let's see OKC got Eric Maynor for a Harpring contract that was insured. Portland got Wesley Matthews. Minnesotta got 2 draft picks, a $13M player exception and Kosta Koufos giving more tools for their rebuilding and so KOC noticed that Denver was the only team on our division that wasn't receiving the Utah Jazz gift certificates and decided he would try to send AK to Denver while facilitating the division rivals to add the player with the most upside of this years draft, two more draft picks and a close to unlimited salary flexibility in the next few years.

Well folks but the team saved a few bucks. Not helping division rivals....HA. That's for big city teams.

You realize the AK trade probably isn't happening, right? Calm down.

I think KOC is just trying to be perfect. Let's see OKC got Eric Maynor for a Harpring contract that was insured. Portland got Wesley Matthews. Minnesotta got 2 draft picks, a $13M player exception and Kosta Koufos giving more tools for their rebuilding and so KOC noticed that Denver was the only team on our division that wasn't receiving the Utah Jazz gift certificates and decided he would try to send AK to Denver while facilitating the division rivals to add the player with the most upside of this years draft, two more draft picks and a close to unlimited salary flexibility in the next few years.

Well folks but the team saved a few bucks. Not helping division rivals....HA. That's for big city teams.

KOC got us Al Jefferson for koufos and picks, we win in that trade. The AK trade is probably not going through anyways, but if you want to blame someone, blame Greg Miller for wanting to get under the LT, not KOC.

But if the future of the Jazz staying in Utah was at stake would you want Millers to cut payroll to keep team?

1. Harpring contract was insured, but that doesn't cover the luxury tax.Jazz fully expected Boozer to opt out. He said he was going to. Nice save to give up a minor piece and save the Jazz $10M. A back up PG certainly ain't gonna be the difference between beating the Lakers or going home in 4-5 games.

2. So we should have matched that contract for Matthews?

3. Jazz get a guy who's averaged 20/10 over the past three seasons, just entering his prime at age 25, for 2 non-lottery picks and Koufos. And you're complaining,..really? And to get the deal done, which KOC had been working on for over a year, he had to go out and get another asset. So he traded Ronnie Brewer, who the Jazz weren't going to be able to re-sign (remember, pre-season talks with his agent had gone nowhere) for a conditional pick, likely a mid-1st.

4. Kosta a tool for rebuilding. Seriously? If you really believe that, I want some of what you're smoking (or tell me where you found those mushrooms). Whatever it is, it must be incredible, mind-altering stuff.

For what KOC has done this off-season, he might just be in line for GM off the year, if that award doesn't automatically go to Riley and Lebron for engineering "The Decision." If the Jazz finish with the same record after losing two starters + a key sub, O'Connor will get a lot of votes.

I hear you roar, bro.

1. Harpring contract was insured, but that doesn't cover the luxury tax.Jazz fully expected Boozer to opt out. He said he was going to. Nice save to give up a minor piece and save the Jazz $10M. A back up PG certainly ain't gonna be the difference between beating the Lakers or going home in 4-5 games.

2. So we should have matched that contract for Matthews?

3. Jazz get a guy who's averaged 20/10 over the past three seasons, just entering his prime at age 25, for 2 non-lottery picks and Koufos. And you're complaining,..really? And to get the deal done, which KOC had been working on for over a year, he had to go out and get another asset. So he traded Ronnie Brewer, who the Jazz weren't going to be able to re-sign (remember, pre-season talks with his agent had gone nowhere) for a conditional pick, likely a mid-1st.

4. Kosta a tool for rebuilding. Seriously? If you really believe that, I want some of what you're smoking (or tell me where you found those mushrooms). Whatever it is, it must be incredible, mind-altering stuff.

For what KOC has done this off-season, he might just be in line for GM off the year, if that award doesn't automatically go to Riley and Lebron for engineering "The Decision." If the Jazz finish with the same record after losing two starters + a key sub, O'Connor will get a lot of votes.

%100 agreed...

I find it spectacular that ppl decided to actual adress the issue topic by topic. Yeah I was really making a case that the Jazz GM was trying to help all the other teams in our division.

Now that I have some time during my lunch break.

Ppl don't take things so seriously. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I agree with the things KOC has done this summer. It's just that last night I realized the Jazz engaged one way or another in deals with 4 out of 5 division rivals and I decided to share.

Just want to add one little thing. I think Koufos will be better than Fesenko. I don't think he will be a franchise altering center but I think he will be a very servicable one.

Now that I have some time during my lunch break.

Ppl don't take things so seriously. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. I agree with the things KOC has done this summer. It's just that last night I realized the Jazz engaged one way or another in deals with 4 out of 5 division rivals and I decided to share.

Just want to add one little thing. I think Koufos will be better than Fesenko. I don't think he will be a franchise altering center but I think he will be a very servicable one.

Well played.....I really thought you were serious.....stupid me.