What's new

KOC, Name Your Core Players...

tatermoog

Contributor
From Tribjazz: "Jazz's O'Connor included Hayward, Favors, Harris, Bell in Utah's core moving forward."

...one of these things is not like the others.

"Jazz's O'Connor said Bell has obviously not played as well as he wanted. But his defense has been strong and should bounce back offensively."

Please, God, tell me this isn't 'real'. Someone needs to throw KOC under a bus if it is true. Where's Millsap and Jefferson? Also, what the hell is Bell doing on his good side? This dude is horrible.

This is from a Twitter Blurb, so I don't have the full statement from KOC, which might have included the two. But Bell should not be included as a core member of the team moving forward from any perspective.

Further reason to think that KOC froze on pulling the trigger on a Bell trade with Minnesota.

Twitter is out at this moment... I do want to see it with my own eyes that this is actually from tribjazz. If this is indeed what KOC said and his words were not twisted in any way, something is seriously wrong with him. I mean, if I were him, even I really thought this way, I would not answer this question until I have things lined up to trade Jefferson and Millsap in the offseason.

And it is the most ridiculous thing to have included Bell in that list. He must not have watched the ball games.

So, does that mean Jefferson, Millsap and Miles will not play against the Lakers? I mean, they are not core...

Damn it this is ridiculously frustrating.

I love that Bell is listed above Miles.

I think he's trying to give bordy the framework for another annual "koc sucks" post.

key word here is, "included" which suggests that there were other players he deems part of the "core" as well.

I'm a fan of KOC, but I'm sure some of you are not. Having said that I think even his critics can attest to the fact that KOC, would never just say, "these 4 players are our core moving forward" suggesting that everyone else is not a part of their plans. The word "include" suggests that these 4 will be "included" with the other parts of the core. Although I have no idea why Bell would be in any of the Jazz's future plans? Maybe they figure they need to keep at least one old-timer while they rebuild, who knows?

Again, who cares if he just said "included"? The problem here is that he did include Raja Bell.

OK, Smith might have just made that a little too authoritative in the tweet. From the interview he posted a bit ago:

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/51531990-62/think-players-draft-done.html.csp

Core of the team moving forward; Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors: Yeah. What I think is, again, we're going to have to put it all back together again going into next season. Devin Harris is, to me, a very good point guard. And I think Raja would say this to you: He probably didn't have the kind of season he wanted to have. Defensively, he's done a good job. Hopefully he'll bounce back next year with that, as far as that goes. The only guy that's significant that plays that we don't have back next year is Andrei. We've got a couple draft picks, and I think it's a matter of evaluating in the offseason. It's their responsibility, too, as players to get better. Look, Al's [26]. He's coming into the prime of his career hopefully. He needs to get better. We need to do a better job managing. I need to do a better job, Ty needs to do a better job. The Miller family has given us everything we've asked for. So, it's our responsibility and it's right on us. It starts with me and it works all the way down to the coaches, to the players, to the people trying to keep them healthy, everybody. Everybody's involved with this and everybody's got to do it and we'll be judged accordingly. Our report card is public.

Interesting comment on AK. Also wonder if this means that Miles is going to be picked up.

[edited to make look better and stuff]