What's new

KOC, sign Huertas please

He'll be 30 next May but based on his assist numbers (fair) and three point numbers (great), I'd strongly consider it. KOC won't though.

How much is he worth though? I really liked that he didn't back down to anyone and that he shined against the great team USA defense. I'd say sign him. He would be worth the look at 4 years for 20 million.

How much is he worth though? I really liked that he didn't back down to anyone and that he shined against the great team USA defense. I'd say sign him. He would be worth the look at 4 years for 20 million.
Hmmm...I seem to remember another PG who got offered a deal by the Jazz based on a great game against the USA team. By all means, yes, let's sign a 30-yr PG with no NBA experience. Bet he still has plenty of upside we can develop.

Would be fair.

But it wasn't the first time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MklXaNsyl8U&feature=related

A brilliant pure point guard.
I guarantee.
He'll be 30 next May but based on his assist numbers (fair) and three point numbers (great), I'd strongly consider it. KOC won't though.
I'd say sign him. He would be worth the look at 4 years for 20 million.
Maybe this is why KOC is trying to maximize cap space in 2013 - to offer a max-contract to Marcelo Huertas!

Arroyo was far more impressive against USA in '04 than Huertas was tonight...and unlike Huertas had already proven he was an NBA caliber PG in the 03-04 season. Sarunas Jasikevicius was one of the best international guards I've seen in the past 15 years, came over to the NBA in his 30's, and his dominance simply didn't translate.

But yeah, 4 yrs $20 million...an absolute bargain.

They mentioned that he would be a great NBA point guard on the air last night, and has had the opportunity, but he hasn't been offered enough money to lure him over to the states.

Maybe this is why KOC is trying to maximize cap space in 2013 - to offer a max-contract to Marcelo Huertas!

Arroyo was far more impressive against USA in '04 than Huertas was tonight...and unlike Huertas had already proven he was an NBA caliber PG in the 03-04 season. Sarunas Jasikevicius was one of the best international guards I've seen in the past 15 years, came over to the NBA in his 30's, and his dominance simply didn't translate.

But yeah, 4 yrs $20 million...an absolute bargain.

This sums it up. Bo Mccaleb, Huertas, Diamantidis(one of the bests ever imho), Jasikevicius are(were) all great PGs. However either because of business reasons or other different reasons they are not in the NBA. Arroyo isn't on the same level with this guys but he's also very good at the international BBall.

When you especially think about that Calderon could play in the NBA, then there is no reason for the guys mentioned above not to be capable to play in the NBA within the right time and the conditions. However as I said earlier, the reasons are rather business or suchlike.

This sums it up. Bo Mccaleb, Huertas, Diamantidis(one of the bests ever imho), Jasikevicius are(were) all great PGs. However either because of business reasons or other different reasons they are not in the NBA. Arroyo isn't on the same level with this guys but he's also very good at the international BBall.

When you especially think about that Calderon could play in the NBA, then there is no reason for the guys mentioned above not to be capable to play in the NBA within the right time and the conditions. However as I said earlier, the reasons are rather business or suchlike.

Dropped me off your list, thats ****ed up man.

Reactions: ema
But Huertas is better than Arroyo by far. It's not only because this game

Highlights yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBouJSKccw4&feature=player_embedded